- Squaw Valley, +1 530 583-6985 . On highway 89 between Tahoe City and interstate 80; Squaw is possibly the most well known resort in all of California, and the setting for the recent book Squawllywood. A complete skier's paradise- magazine favorite for its varied terrain, huge size and massive high speed lift system; and a former Olympic village. Its over sized reputation also presents a downside: crowds that even a on mountain the size of Squaw can swamp the intermediate lifts and result in lines.
- Graham's located near the mountain parking lot, delicious food, extensive wine list, ambiance is a little more staid, but recommended none-the-less.
- PlumpJack One of the oldest and most established restaurants it serves typically Californian food, , Plumpjack has a sister restaurant in San Francisco, as you might expect though it is quite expensive.
- Auld Dubliner, (530) 584-6041, . The place for a perfect pint of Guinness, this real Irish pub was built in Ireland, dismantled, shipped over and reassembled. As one might imagine, it offers a wide selection of whisky and live Celtic music.
Squaw Valley Lodge is perfectly located next to the cable car and across from the KT-22 lift.
- Resort at Squaw Creek, 400 Squaw Creek Road, Olympic Valley, Tel (530) 583-6300, . A premier all season mountain resort in California featuring a luxury spa facility, ski packages, championship golf courses, vacation rentals, and a dedicated chairlift.
This page was last edited at 15:52, on 17 March 2009 by Colin Jensen. Based on work by Peter Fitzgerald, Dave Morris and David.