Sithonia peninsula (Greek, Modern: , Ancient/Katharevousa: ). The coast hosts numerous excellent beaches. Located near the city of Thessaloniki.
The only way to get around is from Thessaloniki Interurban Bus Terminal ("KTEL Chalkidikis").
The excavations of ancient Olynthos, with the oldest mosaics (5th c. BC) ever found in Greece. The old traditional villages of Parthenon, Sykia and Nikiti. The Porto Carras vineyard and wine cellar. The Toroneos cross swimming race in July from Nikiti to Kallithea. The ancient ruins of Toroni and its ancient harbour Porto Koufo. The spectacular view of Mt. Athos from Kartalia cliff cape. The thousands of goats grazing free on the mountains.
There is a good variety of beaches on Sithonia peninsula.
- Sithon, Metamorfosi, Tel: +302375022414
- Sunny Bay, Metamorfosi, Tel: +302375061350
- Agios Georgios, Nikiti, Tel: +302375022383
- Mitari, Nikiti, Tel: +302375071775
- Kastello, Neos Marmaras, Tel: +302375071095
- Marmaras, Neos Marmaras, Tel: +302375071901 
- Stavros, Neos Marmaras, Tel: +302375071975
- Areti, Neos Marmaras, Tel: +302375071430
- Isa, Tristinika, Tel: +302375051235 
This page was last edited at 12:13, on 22 November 2007 by Andreas Routsias. Based on work by Wikitravel user(s) Airin.