For local events and news see SewardCityNews.com  Sewards citizen journalism website.
Seward’s highlights are:
- Kenai Fjords National Park 
- Sport fishing- Salmon, Halibut, Ling cod, Salmon Shark
- Glacier and Wildlife Day Cruises
- Quaint and Quirky Towns People
- 4th of July Celebrations
- Silver Salmon Derby
- Cruise Ship Terminus, Alaska Marine Highway Service 
Seward is located 126 miles south of Anchorage. The Seward Highway is a very scenic drive but can be slow in peak summer.
The Alaska Railroad daily rail passage from Anchorage to Seward, May 13 to Sept. 18.  Round Trip / One Way $103/$62 Adults $52/$31 Children (2-11).
- 6:45am - Depart Anchorage- 411 West 1st Avenue
- 11:05am - Arrive Seward
- 6:00pm - Depart Seward
- 10:10pm - Arrive Anchorage
Summer 2007- Minor roadwork taking place along the Seward Highway/ 3rd Ave as you enter town, however delays have been minor. Seward is a great place to walk around.
Aquetec Water Taxi (907) 362-1291. Best water taxi service and ONLY reliable water taxi in Seward Alaska servicing Resurrection Bay, Bear Glacier, Day Harbor, Kayakers Cove, Alaska State Park Cabin rentals and elsewhere. Capts Matt and Heidi Cline operate their water taxi boats year round! They provide kayak rental and pack-raft rental - guided and un-guided adventures. Hunter drop off and more! They Rock!
Hertz of Seward, 907-224-4378. Rentals for a day or longer with one-way drop off in Anchorage available.
Seward Bike Shop, 411 Port Ave., 907-224-2448, sewardbikeshop.com. Rents bikes by the hour or day. There is a bike path along the water from the harbor to the front of town.
PJ'S Taxis, 907-224-5555, .*
Seward Tolley Car Company, 907-224-4378, . On cruise ship days the Seward Trolley offers a tour and transportation service between the Cruise Ship Dock, historic downtown Seward, and several points of interest in between.
- The Sealife Center, 301 Railway Avenue, (907) 224-6300, Toll-free: (800) 224-2525, . Aquarium and research facility featuring marine life of the Gulf of Alaska.
- 4th of July Mount Marathon Race, three miles up and down, complete with cliffs, waterfalls, and loose sharp rocks, a great Alaskan event
- Exit Glacier, Exit Glacier is the only part of Kenai Fjords National Park accessible by road. Here you can stroll the trails, walk very close to an active glacier or take a ranger-led walk. It is a place where you can witness up close how glaciers re-shape a landscape and learn how plant life reclaims the barren rocky land exposed by a glacier’s retreat.
- Exit Glacier, Exit Glacier Road, mile 3 of the Seward Highway, 8.6 miles to the glacier, .
- Major Marine Tours, (907) 224-8030 or (907) 274-7300, Toll-free: (800) 764-7300, . Full & Half Day Cruises into Resurrection Bay and the Kenai Fjords National Park for wildlife, whale watching & glacier viewing. All cruises are hosted by uniformed rangers and feature a junior ranger program for kids. Large tour boats with reserved table seating inside heated cabins. Enjoy our freshly prepared all-you-can-eat salmon and prime rib meal. Free full-color National Park guide for each adult. Daily departures from early May through September.
- Renown Tours, (907) 224-3806, Toll-free: (888) 514-8687, . Whale Watching and Glacier Tours. Explore the beauty and grandeur of Kenai Fjords National Park and Resurrection Bay while cruising in comfort aboard a custom-built catamaran. Full day Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise Adult $129, Child $65; Half day Resurrection Bay Cruise Adult $69, Child $35.
- Charter Option, 1408 4th Ave., 907-224-2026, .
- The Fish House, 1301 4th Ave., 907-224-3674, .
- Adventure Sixty North, 907-224-2600, . Great guided sea kayaking trips, near and around Seward Alaska. Offers sea kayak rental and gear rentals. Explore glacier regions, Bear Glacier, Aialik & Holgate glaciers view sea life and wildlife, orcas, puffins, otters, eagles, bears, and more! 4hr trips full day excursions, overnight sea kayaking adventures, call for water taxi information and local shuttle service. "Let your adventurous spirit be your guide". Join one of our half day or full day and multi-day fully guided or guided rental adventures! Trips Daily!
- Exit Glacier Guides, 907-224-5569. . Daily Ice Hiking tours on Exit Glacier. Shuttle out to the glacier $9, crampons and equipment provided.
- Liquid Adventures, 13990 Beach Dr., 907-224-9225, . Professionally guided kayaking trips throughout Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking Co., Seward Harbor & Lowell Point, 907-224-4426, .
- Alaska Surf Adventures, 907 360 2375, . Surfing trips and charters to Montague and Hinchinbrook Islands.
- Kayak Adventures Worldwide, 328 3rd Ave. . 907-224-3960. Small, personal shop located right downtown and specializing in environmentally friendly and educational kayak trips. All abilities welcome. Trips to Resurrection Bay and Kenai Fjords National Park. Everything from half-day adventures to week long expeditions. There's something for everyone.
Brown & Hawkins Mercantile, 907-224-3011,the local North Face, Mountain Hardware, Padagonia, Carhart outdoor wear store. Located on 4th St. in historic downtown Seward, Alaska
Resurrect Art Coffee House Gallery, 320 3rd Ave., 907-224-7161. Historic Landmark. Local original art and gifts. Friendly baristas, excellent coffee. Live Jazz Tuesdays all summer.
Softly Silk, 416 4th Ave., 907-224-6088, . Original Hand-painted Silks.
Helly Hansen of Seward, 1304 4th Ave., 907-224-4589, . Good all weather gear for Alaskan travel.
Sweet Darlings, 907-224-3011, . Alaskan Confectioners - Makers of Alaska's Finest Handmade Candies, Fudge, Chocolates, Berry Bark and Candy. Don't forget the GELATO! Made on the premises fresh daily.
There is a ton of great places to eat in this little town; from hearty breakfast joints to fine dinner dining.
- Exit Glacier Salmon Bake, 907-224-2204, Mile 1/4 Exit Glacier Rd, . Great low key place with good food and pitchers of beer.
- Peking, 907-224-5444, 338 4th Ave, .
- The Railway Cantina, 907-224-8226, 1401 4th Ave. Excellent tacos and burritos.
- Apollo Restaurant, 907-224-3092, 229 4th Ave., . Great food and Delivery Pizza.
- Peking Restaurant, 907-224-5444, 338 4th Ave. Great food and Local owners.
- Bakery at the Harbor, 907-224-6091, 1210 4th Ave., .
- Chinooks Waterfront Restaurant 907-224-2207, 1404 4th Ave, . Great place for lunch, dinner or drinks. Beer, wine and full bar.
- Ray's Waterfront, 907-224-5606, 1316 4th Ave. Ok food, and a menu that NEVER changes.
- Resurrection Roadhouse, 907-224-7116, . After a day of exploring, unwind at the Resurrection Roadhouse which features great dining and Seward's largest selection of brews on tap.
- Lombardo's, 907-224-4433, 308 N. Harbor St.. Calzones, Gyros, Baklava, and more.
- Sea Bean Cafe, 225 4th Ave, 907-224-6623. Cozy little cafe with new Macs and free Wi-Fi. Locally owned and oporated.
- Yukon Bar, 4th & Washington, 907-224-3063. Classic place. Look for the dollars pined to the ceiling by all the other visitors. In the summer catch a show by Local Hero Hobo Jim.
- The Pit Bar, Mile 3.5 Seward Hwy, 907-224-3006. A wild place, even for locals, this place is just on the other side of the city limits and stays open until five in the morning. Go after two to see a kind of carnival.
- Waterfront Park, Ballaine Boulevard, (907) 224-4055, . Tents $8, RVs $12 , Utility sites $25. Right on the water, this is your best bet for paid camping spot. Use the self-registration stations at campground entrances.
- Exit Glacier Road, There are many small off shoot roads where one can park a van or camper.
- Across the Bay, Take Nash road around to the other side of the Fjord. Good camping spots north and south of the ship yard.
- Adventure Sixty North, Seward Highway, (907) 224-2600,
 CAMPING GEAR RENTAL - TENTS,STOVES,PADS,SLEEPING, SLEEPING BAGS, KAYAKS, BEAR SRPAY, SNOW SHOES & POLES.
- Hotel Seward, 221 5th Ave., 907-224-8001, .
Wonderful boutique hotel in Historic Downtown Seward. 2 blocks away from the Alaska SeaLife Center, and across the street from all downtown shopping and restaraunts. One of a kind 'wilderness' lobby and historic photo display. Also features "Gene's Place," Hotel Seward's Victorian inspired lounge with light fare cuisine.
- Hotel Edgewater, 200 5th Ave., 907-224-2700, .
- Seward Windsong Lodge, Mile 0.5 Exit Glacier Rd, 907-224-7116, .
- Alaska Saltwater Lodge, PO Box 695, Beachfront Road, 907-224-5271, . This place on Lowell Point Road.
- Exit Glacier Salmon Bake Cabins, Mile .4 Exit Galcier Rd, 907-224-2204, 
- Moby Dick Hostel, 432 3rd Avenue, (907) 224 7072, . A small and extremely friendly hostel.
- A Cottage on the Bay, 13710 Beach Dr, Lowell Point, (888)334-8237 or (907)224-8237, . Three bedroom home on private beach 3 miles south of Seward. Sleeps 8-10. Have breakfast on the deck with eagles and watch the sea otters swim by.3% sales tax
- Otter Cottage, 13695 Beach Dr, Lowell Point, (888)334-8237 or (907)224-8237 ,. Two story home for nightly rental May through September. Hot tub. Sleeps up to 8-10.3% sales tax
- Orca Island Cabins, Humpy Cove Resurrection Bay, (888)494-5846, (907)491-1988, . Remote yurt style cabins located on private island in Resurrection Bay, Fully equipped cabins with unmatched views and amenities, kayaking is available from the island with guides or kayak rentals for experienced kayakers. Unbelievable!
- Bear Cub Cabin, 13695 1/2 Beach Dr, Lowell Point, (888)334-8237 or (907)224-8237 ,. Two story cabin with sleeping loft. Propane heat, stove and instant hot water on demand. Sink and small refrigerator. Microwave and coffee maker. Outhouse is about 20' behind the cabin. $79/night Sleeps 2 adults comfortably. Sleeping bags included. 2% sales tax. A major upgrade from a Park Service Cabin or tent !