Pitt Meadows is a city in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia, on the north bank of the Fraser River at the confluence with the Pitt River. It's part of the urban edge, where bedroom housing for suburban Vancouver is displacing the small agricultural town of Pitt Meadows past — but the farms still hang on.
- The Fraser River blocks car access from the south. Highway 1 crosses south over the Port Mann Bridge to the west, and the Albion Ferry is the next crossing to the east. A new bridge is being built at Golden Ears just east of Pitt Meadows, as part of the nationally significant (and controversial) Gateway project. The next bridge to the east currently is in Mission.
- Pitt Meadows Regional Airport, 100-11465 Baynes Road, ☎ +1-604-465-8977(email@example.com, fax: +1-604-465-4512), . 24h, daily. (ICAO: CYPK) has no scheduled commercial service, but the 4700' main and shorter secondary runways make a pleasant destination for the general aviation pilot flying a small plane.No landing fee.
- Pitt Lake is a short ways north of town, reaching into a steep valley where BC's mountains meet the Fraser Valley. Rent kayaks to explore the lake.
- Blue Heron Winery tasting, 18539 Dewdney Trunk Rd(Lougheed Hwy east from Pitt River Bridge, left onto Dewdney Trunk Road, between Reichenbach and Rippington Roads), ☎ +1-604-465-5563(firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-604-465-5513), . 10-18h daily. White and red cranberry wine, and other fruit wines. Wine tasting and sales, with tours by appointment.Free.
- Pacific Rim Aviation Academy, 393-11465 Baynes Road(on the south side of Pitt Meadows Airport, via Ford Road and Harris Road), ☎ +1-604-465-3594(email@example.com, fax: +1-604-465-3664), . 08-18h daily and by appointment. The exuberant Chris Georgas and his staff offer pilot training, including Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, and Instrument ratings in land and float planes. The fleet is small but immaculate, and the attention is personal. A great place to learn how to fly! Based at CYPK, Pitt Meadows Regional Airport.
- Seasons Restaurant, 122 Ave ( Harris Rd.)
The Jolly Coachman Pub, long time local sports style pub...good menu, always a good crowd. Ford Rd. ( harris Rd.)
- Fly Guy Air Taxi service, 393-11465 Baynes Road(on the south side of Pitt Meadows Airport, via Ford Road and Harris Road), ☎ +1-604-465-3594(firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-604-465-3664), . Charter flights to Vancouver Island or anywhere in the Lower Mainland. A service of Pacific Rim Aviation Academy.$149/person to Vancouver Island.
- Nearby towns of Mission, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, and Coquitlam
- Fort Langley on the south bank of the Fraser River, via the Albion Ferry
This page was last edited at 20:20, on 23 December 2008 by Wikitravel user Norvak. Based on work by Jim DeLaHunt, Wikitravel user(s) Shaund and Morph and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.