- Hundred Islands. This is a lovely area on the coast north of Manila. As the name implies the region is dotted with numerous tiny islands. Some have beaches to which you can charter a boat. Typically the boat will leave you for several hours on your own private beach.
There are many cities in the province of Pangasinan. They are:
- Dagupan City is the main city of Pangasinan. There are several malls, CSI: The City Mall and Nepo Mall being the most popular.
- Urdaneta City is tops in finance not only in Pangasinan but the entire Ilocos region. Because of this, Urdaneta in only it's 9th year of cityhood is being eyed for upgrade to 1st class city status, the first in region 1 beating older cities like Dagupan. There are also several malls here, including Magic Mall, CB Mall & CSI. SM Prime Holdings has a 15.6 hectare lot in this city for its future mall. Urdaneta is home to the largest cattle market north of Manila & the largest bagsakan market in the region.
- San Carlos City, the Mango and Bamboo Capital of the Philippines, is Pangasinan's most historic political unit as well as its cultural capital. The city dresses up in green and yellow every April when it celebrates the Mango-Bamboo Festival, a festival that showcases not only delicious mangoes and durable bamboo handicrafts but the best San Carlos City has to offer.
- Alaminos City is home to the famous Hundred Islands.
- Most Pangasinenses residing in central Pangasinan speak the Pangasinan language. Their language is known by other Filipinos as Pangalatok.
- Ilokano is spoken in the western and especially the eastern side of Pangasinan.
- Many establishments use the national language known as Filipino that is based on Tagalog.
- English is widely-spoken in the province especially by the youth.
There is no airport serving Pangasinan. So, if you are coming from Manila, you are likely to take the bus. If you have a car, you can take NLEX (North Luzon Express Way). If you are willing to spend a lot of money, taxis can also drive you to Pangasinan.
Like other Philippine provinces and cities, jeepneys and tricycles are very common. In some parts, there are sidecars or pedicabs.
- Nuestra Senora de Manaoag is a large church located in the town of Manaoag. It houses the "Our Lady of Manaoag" which is believed to grant wishes and miracles. Many Filipinos visit the church as pilgrims.
- Shrine of Senor Divino Tessoro is a shrine located in front of St. Peter and Paul's Parish in the town of Calasiao, Pangasinan. Inside is a statue of Jesus nailed on his cross. It is the second pilgrimage site in the province.
- Lingayen Gulf War Museum in Lingayen
- Bolinao Museum in Bolinao
- Antong Falls in Sison
- Cacupangan Cave in Mabini
- Mount Balungao in Balungao
- Manleluag Spring National Park in Mangatarem
- Urduja House in Lingayen
- Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center in Lingayen
- Oceanographic Marine Laboratory in Alaminos
- Rock Garden Resort
- Treasures of Bolinao
- Coca-Cola Plant in Calasiao
- Pista'y Dayat (Feast of the Sea) in Dagupan
- Puto Stalls in Calasiao
- Lipit Falls in Sta. Maria, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Pila Falls in Natividad, Pangasinan
- Mountain Hiking in mountains of San Nicolas, Pangasinan.
- Picnic in Sitio Puyao, Brgy. Fianza, San Nicolas, Pangasinan.
CSI is a very popular chain of malls in Pangasinan. Some of them are CSI: The City Mall in the Lucao District and CSI Square in downtown Dagupan. Nepo Mall is also a main mall that is located in Dagupan. Magic Mall , the first legit mall in Pangasinan is located in Urdaneta City. Other Malls in Urdaneta are CB Mall, CSI-Urdaneta, CSI Warehouse Club and Super Magic.
- Bonuan Blue Beach in Dagupan
- White Beach in San Fabian
- Cape Bolinao Beach in Bolinao
- Tambobong White Beach in Dasol
- Tondol Beach in Anda
- Dagupena is a famous world-class restaurant. During its early days, it was located in downtown Dagupan. It is now located in the prospering town of Calasiao (minutes from its former location).
- Jeck's is a bakery/restaurant located near the Lucao District.
- The town of Calasiao is very famous because of its puto (white rice cake). The puto stalls are located in front of the Calasiao Municipal Hall.
- American restaurants such as McDonald's, Shakey's, and Kenny Rogers' are present across the province. Filipino restaurant chains such as Jollibee, Chow King and Goldilock's are very common.
- Jellens Bakeshop is a bakery restaurant located in Tayug.
- Cindy's located in Tayug.
- Regency Hotel McArthur Highway, Calasiao. The hotel's location is very clean. It is only minutes away from downtown Dagupan and CSI: The City Mall.
- Pangasinan Village Inn Brgy. Bued, Calasiao.
- Puerto del Sol Resort, Ilog Malino, Bolinao, ☎ +632-637-8963(fax: +632-631-2861), . The name comes from the the Spanish translation of 'Doorway of the Sun,' can be found at the edge of the clear waters of the South China Sea.Best rates on official website start at US$86.
- Star Plaza Hotel, AB Fernandez, Dagupan City, ☎ +075-523-4888, . Star Plaza Hotel is in downtown Dagupan. The restaurant serves a wide range of delicious food. However, expect having difficulties getting to the hotel due to heavy traffic as well as pollution. *A1 Hotel A. Bonifacio Street, Tayug. *Acacia Motel Tayug. * Star of David Hotel Sapang Manaoag, Tel:(75)5192871. www.starofdavidhotel.com . Along the road of Manaoag-Binalonan/Pozorubio-Baguio. It is only minutes away from downtown Manaoag.
This page was last edited at 15:04, on 13 December 2008 by janet. Based on work by davearjie, Werner Nicdao, Oliver and Evan Prodromou, Wikitravel user(s) Texugo, PhilippInfo and Nzpcmad and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.