Overijssel is one of the twelve provinces of the Netherlands.
The A1 highway runs directly from Amsterdam to Deventer, Almelo and Hengelo. Zwolle can be reached by taking the A1 and then the A28.
From Schiphol Airport as well as from Amsterdam's Central Station, there are direct intercity services to Deventer, Almelo, Hengelo, Enschede and Zwolle. The farthest of these destinations take about two hours to reach.
- The town of Giethoorn, sometimes called the "Venice of the north"
- National Park "De Weerribben" in the extreme northwest of the province
- The unspoilt medieval village of Ootmarsum
- The picturesque medieval centre of the city of Deventer
- The hills of Salland, northeast of Deventer
This page was last edited at 15:49, on 10 July 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Tim Sandell, Wikitravel user(s) Rein N. and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.