The Oregon Coast is the region in Oregon located along the Pacific coast.
From North to South:
- Clatsop County
- Tillamook County
- Lincoln County
- The Western portion of Lane County
- The Western portion of Douglas County
- Coos County
- Curry County
- Lewis and Clark National Historical Park - made up of 12 park sites located on a 40-mile stretch of the Pacific coast from Long Beach, WA to Cannon Beach, OR. Visit the sites in any order you wish; we recommend starting at Fort Clatsop or the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center at Cape Disappointment.
U.S. Highway 101 runs along the Oregon Coast from Astoria in the north to Brookings in the south. The highway offers views of Pacific Ocean, making it one of the most scenic drives in the country, and runs through the heart of many coastal cities. However, from Florence to Bandon, the highway is slightly inland because of the vast Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
The highway often serves as the main drag in most cities on the coast. Many businesses have built along 101 in coastal cities in an effort to attract tourists passing by. During the summer season, make sure you are not in a big hurry. It was recently named No. 1 for tourist congestion, beating out the popular Cape Cod.
The highway is connected to Interstate 5 by many highways that run along rivers, such as the Umpqua (Highway 38). Typically it takes one to two hours to reach I-5 from the coast.
The only commercial airport on the coast lies in North Bend. The airport is serviced with daily flights to and from Portland International Airport via Horizon Air.
Greyhound no longer serves the coast, but many towns are serviced by local bus lines such as Porter Stage Coach.
Here are just a few attractions that you need to check out on your visit to the Oregon Coast:
- Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport
- Yaquina Bay Light House in Newport
- Yaquina Head Light House And Outstanding Natural Area in Newport
- Sea Lion Caves (Between Yachats and Florence on Hwy 101)
- Sand Dunes in Florence
- Tillamook Cheese Factory Tillamook
- Tillamook Aviation Museum Tillamook 
- Chinook Winds Casino Lincoln City
- Newport Bayfront Newport
- Bandon Safari Zoo Bandon
- Rogue Brewery Newport
- Jerry's Rogue River Mailboat Rides Gold Beach
- Far West ATV & Dune Buggy Rentals Between Reedsport & North Bend
- Cleowox Lake Kayak and Paddle Boat Rentals + Public Swimming and Picnicing Area South of Florence
- Putt n' Bat Miniature Gold and Batting Cages Lincoln City
- Ripley's Believe It or Not and The Wax Works Museum Newport
- Walk the 804 Trail Yachats, Oregon (also known as the Yachats Smelt Trail). Enjoy the rugged coastline and the beautiful flora of this part of Oregon.
- Go and Kayak Tillamook County's flat-water and estuaries, see KTC.
- Sada's Japanese in Newport
- Georgie's In Newport
- Mo's In Newport
- Quimby's (Fine Cuisine) In Newport
- Saffron Salmon (Fancy Seafood) In Newport
- Yuzen (Japanese) Seal Rock
- Kyllos Lincoln City
- Jasmine's Thai Lincoln City
- Thai Talay Thai Florence
- Tidal Raves Fancy Seafood Depoe Bay
- April's (Fine cuisine Newport
- Appolo's Newport
- Rogue Public House Newport If you can make it to Newport, check out the Rogue Brewery. Great beer, but you'd better not be expecting any Coors Light or Domestics.
- Chinook Winds Casino Lincoln City
- Shilo Inn Newport, Lincoln City, and Florence
- Georgie's Newport
This page was last edited at 05:02, on 5 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Tom Holland, David, M. Hogue, Colin Jensen, Joshua Todd Whaley, Ryan Holliday, Michele Ann Jenkins, katie and Keith K. Higa, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.