The Okanagan-Similkameen is in British Columbia Canada. It encompasses the official Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen but as a distinct tourist destination, North Okanagan is also included here.
- Okanagan - centered on the 155km long Okanagan Lake.
- Similkameen - less touristed and developed, home of two remote mountain parks.
- Kelowna - fast growing and very livable
- Penticton - the summer tourist trade doubles this city's population
- Vernon - northern terminus of the regions fruit tree and wine industry
- Princeton - home of several copper mines
- Osoyoos - quite often the hottest spot in Canada in the summer
- Manning Provincial Park - drive up to the Sub-alpine Meadows.
- Cathedral Provincial Park - backcountry mountain paradise.
- Okanagan Mountain Provincial Park - in the heart of the valley.
This page was last edited at 04:53, on 27 April 2008 by Jim DeLaHunt. Based on work by Ryan Holliday and Darren Kirby and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.