Northern Indiana is the Northern portion of Indiana generally along Lake Michigan and overlapping with Chicagoland.
- Lake County
- Northcentral Indiana (counties: Elkhart, Fulton, Kosciusko, Marshall, St. Joseph)
- Northeastern Indiana
This area deals with plenty of traffic thanks to Chicago, so be prepared for occasional delays. I-65N heads in from Chicago, I-94S heads in from Michigan. I-90/80 is also part tollroad that heads east/west through the area. I-65S heads north through the area from central Indiana.
- Greyhound 
- Gary - 100 W. 4th Ave. +1 219 886-3041
- Hammond - 3600 Calumet. +1 219 933-6700
- Michigan City - Always Business Services, 132 Dunes Plaza (Hwy 421 & 20). +1 219 879-5050
- Gary/Chicago International Airport 6001 W. Industrial Highway. +1 219 949-9722. 
- Fort Wayne International Airport
- South Bend Regional Airport (SBN)
- Amtrak +1 800 USA-RAIL 
- Dyer - 913 Sheffield Ave.
- Hammond - 1135 Calumet Ave.
- Michigan City - 100 Washington St.
- Rensselaer - 619 N. Cullen St.
- South Shore Line +1 800 356-2079 
- East Chicago
- Portage/Ogden Dunes
- Chesterton/Dune Park
- Beverly Shores
- Michigan City
Outdoors & Landmarks
- Meyer's Castle 1370 Joliet St. +1 219 865-8452.  Built in the early 20th century in the Jacobethan Revival style it features wedding facilities and a restaurant. Set upon the highest point in the area, you can take a tour of this majestic Northwestern Indiana architectural masterpiece.
- Northern Indiana is very rural, and is worth exploring, if only to see the natural beauty of the state.
- Cass County Historical Society Museum 1004 E. Market St., Logansport. +1 574 753-3866.  Museum celebrates the cultural history of it's namesake county. Various buildings represent times in history - one room school house log cabin, carriage house, etc. The musesum has thousands of historical artifacts from the area covering all periods of time in its Victorian surroundings.
- Johnnies Around the Clock 1800 W. Lincoln Hwy, Merrillville. +1 219 769-1591.  Family owned and ran since 1963 they offer up a friendly enviroment full of tasty American classics. Breakfast is served up with nice sized omelettes with buttermilk gravy, and lunch offers a wide variety of food - the monte cristo is super tasty. 24 Hours.
- Main St. Cafe 111 N. Main St., Crown Hill. +1 219 663-7466  Small town cafe offering up sizeable tasty meals. Main St. has over 300 menu items, yes, 300. From stuffed tomatoes to Greek inspired pan fried cod. They fill you up with plenty of eats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The building dates back from 1896.
- Hot Or Not Cajun 2782 Willowdale Rd., Portage. +1 219 762-1984.  Award winning cajun restaurant with blues music dinner theater too. Dinner is served 7 days a week, and when there are live music acts they charge a bit extra for your meal - to take good care of the performers. Bringing down Chicago-area and national acts to perform Creole, Jazz and Blues music. They have a great selection of microbrews and a nice little wine list, with a kitschy decor with a Mardi Gras theme.
- Marti's Place 17519 N. 700 W. +1 219 996-3363.  Located on the Kankakee River, nestled in the woods is Marti's Place. With a simple wood-drenched diner style restaurant overlooking the water, and a huge outdoor dining deck, they also have a equally as woodsy bar attached. They offer up a huge menu, including great fried chicken, gardenburgers, and a salad that comes in a big fried or baked bowl - that you can eat. Quite fascinating. They have two great homemmade salad dressings - river garlic and river mexican, that they sell in jars. Their dinner portions are huge, but they also offer smaller half portion options too - frog legs on the side too. A great experience.
- Kelsey's Steak House Two locations, see below.  Infamous regional steakhouse known for their "6 Lb. Challenge." Eat three 32-oz top sirloin steaks, potato, salad and bread within one hour and your dinner is free. If not, you get to pay a big $42.95. You have to make reservations to take "the challenge" and if you win you get your picture on the website. How charming! Fresh seafood and steak is served up all evening. The earlier you arrive the better - grab a late lunch or early dinner - around 4pm - or you'll be swarmed by families, retirees, and large parties. The Valpo location is nice - with dark wood interior and a big ass bull outside in the parking lot. Closed Mondays.
- Portage - 5630 US Hwy. 6. +1 219 762-2242
- Valparaiso - 2300 Morthland Dr. +1 219 465-4022
- Rodizio's in Meyer's Castle, 1370 Joliet St., Dyer. +1 219 865-8452.  Gaucho style restaurant serving up South American delights. A flat rate of $32.50 at this upscale restaurant in a historical castle, starts you off with traditional cocktails from Argentina, a tapas bar, then serve you meats, fish and pork off of sizzling swords. With extensive South American wine list and American desserts, it's an interesting dining experience.
This page was last edited at 08:35, on 3 February 2009 by Peter Fitzgerald. Based on work by Nick Roux, Todd VerBeek and Stacy Hall, Wikitravel user(s) Fleela and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.