North Conway is located in the heart of the White Mountains region of New Hampshire. It is a popular vacation destination year-round. The village of North Conway is located about two hours north of Boston, Massachusetts.
North Conway is home to more than 250 alpine ski trails as well as hundreds of acres of White Mountain National Forest land surrounding Mt. Washington, the biggest mountain in the northeast. Those who love the outdoors will find plenty to do in North Conway during any season. Hiking, fishing, swimming, biking, skiing, sledding, canoeing are common activities. Other than its outdoors activities, North Conway is home to a large strip of shopping areas including factory outlet stores, antique shops, and country stores.
- From Boston - Interstate 95 North. In New Hampshire, take Exit 4 to the Spaulding Turnpike, Route 16 North, continue on Route 16 North to North Conway.
- From Concord - North on Interstate 93, take Exit 23. Follow Rt. 104 East to Meredith to Rt. 25 East. Follow Rt. 25 East to Ossipee and Rt. 16 North.
- From Montreal - South on Interstate 91 to Exit 19 to Interstate 93 South. Take Exit 40, onto Rt. 302 East in Bethlehem. Follow Rt. 302 East to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- From New York City - North on Interstate 91 to Exit 17, Wells River, Vermont. Cross over to Woodsville, NH and follow Rt. 302 to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- Avis, Laconia Municipal Airport, ☎ +1 603 524-0044, . Sun-Sat 8AM-6PM.
- Enterprise, 51 Bisson Ave., Laconia, ☎ +1 603 528-5070, . Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM, Sat 9AM-12PM.
Passengers flying into Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) or Portland International Jetport (PWM) will also find rental cars available at those airports.
Much of North Conway’s shops and less interactive attractions are on the town’s main road, Route 16. Even with their close proximity, a car is more convenient for travel in the wintertime, as well as for travel to some of the attractions and activities outside of walking distance. In North Conway, taxi companies service all local areas.
- Harris Taxi, 170 Grove St., ☎ +1 603 356-5577.
- Turtle Taxi, Spruce Ave., Bartlett, ☎ +1 603 356-7577, .
- 1-800TAXICAB Inc., ☎ +1 603 356-0000(email@example.com).
Most of the taxi services include large capacity vans, car seats for children, and airport shuttle services.
- Conway Scenic Railroad, Rt. 16 and 302, ☎ +1 603-356-5251, Toll Free:1-800-232-5251, . Adult $12.50, Children under 3 Free, Child(4-12) $9.00. Enjoy the natural scenery of NH while enjoying a meal. Absorb the local history and check out North Conway station, in operation for more than 130 years.
- Mt. Washington Children’s Museum, 2936 White Mountain Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-2992(firstname.lastname@example.org), . Wed - Fri 9AM to 3PM, Sat 9AM to 5PM, Sun 10AM to 2PM. $5.00, children under 1: Free. Offering fun activities for children and the whole family to enjoy. Playgroups and birthday parties are among some of the museum's scheduled activities.
- Mt. Washington Observatory, P. O. Box 2310, ☎ +1 603-356-2137(fax: 603-356-0307), . The Observatory offers overnight educational trips, a pleasant view of the surrounding mountains, and guided snow tractor day trips in the Valley and up to the summit of Mt. Washington.Daytrips: $159, Educational Trips: $459.
- Snow People on Parade. Fiberglass snowmen displayed all over N.H. One of the 17 beautifully decorated snowmen are displayed at the Settler's Green outlet.
- Foliage and Covered Bridges, Rt. 112. Old style wooden bridges and New Hampshire's scenic Kancamagus Highway of the White Mountains.
- Earth and Fire, 2526 White Mountain Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-8698(email@example.com), . Watch beautiful glass blowing on the spot while browsing the arts and crafts of N.H. designers.
- White Mountain Artisans Gallery, 3358 White Mountain Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-6546, Toll Free 800-451-0255(firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 603-356-3365), . The White Mountain Artisans Gallery is an amazing experience. The gallery exhibits and retails beautiful art of all media, fine handcrafted furniture, and gifts displayed in an exquisitely renovated historic barn that has graced the valley for over 130 years.
- Attitash Ski Resort, Route 302, 800-223-SNOW(7669), . Skiing and Golf activities.
- Cranmore Mountain Resort, 1 Skimobile Road (off Kearsarge St.), +1 603 356-5543, . Skiing and other mountain activities.
- Northern Extremes, Main St., Phone: +1 603 356-4718. Offering kayaking, canoeing, tubing, snowmobiling, and hiking.
- Saco Bound, Inc. & Rapid River Rafting, Route 302 Center, Phone: +1 603 447-3801, email: email@example.com. Canoeing, kayaking or rafting.
- Stables at the Farm by the River, 2555 West Side Road, Phone: +1 603 356-4855, Horseback riding.
- Bike Shop, Mountain Valley Mall Boulevard, Phone: +1 603 356-6089. Bike rentals.
- Sports Outlet, Main St., Phone: +1 603 356-3133. Bike rentals.
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, Route 16, Phone: +1 603 356-8807.
- Outdoor Escapes New Hampshire, LLC, ☎ +1 603-528-0136(firstname.lastname@example.org), . Provides Guided Photo Tours, Moose Tours, Hiking Backpacking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Snow Shoeing and Cross Country Skiing.
- New England Dog Sledding, Attitash Ski Area, Mailing Address: 591 Kings Highway Mason Twsp, ME 04217, ☎ +1 207-731-6888, Toll Free +1 800-951-6681(email@example.com), . Dog sledding for families or couples that includes adventure and scenery. (only 19min from North Conway)
- Farm By The River, 2555 West Side Road, ☎ +1 603-356-2694, Toll Free +1 888-414-8353(firstname.lastname@example.org), . A Bed and Breakfast with stables for sleigh Rides and horseback riding year round.
- Bretton Woods at the Mount Washington Resort, 302 Bretton Woods, ☎ +1 603-278-3320, Toll Free +1 800-258-0330(email@example.com, fax: +1 603-278-3337), . Provides skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides, Dog sledding and Snow shoeing.
- Eastern Mountain Climbing School, Main St, Eastern Slope Inn Complex North Conway Village, ☎ +1 603-356-7670, Toll Free +1 800-310.4504(firstname.lastname@example.org), . Snow Shoeing, Rock and Ice Climbing
- International Mountain Equipment and Climbing School, 2733 Main Street North Conway Village, ☎ +1 603-356-7013(email@example.com, fax: +1 603-356-6492), . Rock and Ice Climbing, year round.
- Ham Arena, West Main Street, Conway, ☎ +1 603-447-5886(firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 603-447-5888), . In addition to public ice skating, the Ham Arena offers ice hockey programs and figure skating practice ice for children and adults. The Ham Arena also features a pro shop stocked with hockey equipment, an on-site pizza and snack shop, and even a video games area.
- Northern Extremes Snowmobiling, 1946 White Mtn. Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-4718, +1 877-722-6748(email@example.com, fax: 603-356-7152), . Provides Snowmobiling With Guided Tours, Canoeing and Kayaking.
- AMC Highland Center, Route 302 Bretton Woods, ☎ +1 603-278-HIKE(firstname.lastname@example.org), . The Highland Center is an ideal starting point for day hikes, paddling, snowshoe treks, skiing, and longer backcountry trips in the White Mountains.
- Alpine Slides, Attitash P.O. Box 308 Bartlett, NH, ☎ +1 603.374.2368, +1 877.677.7669. Mountain Slides and Water Slides Fun for the Whole Family.
- Banana Village, 2129 White Mountain Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-2899(email@example.com), . Family fun With waterslides, miniature golf and an arcade. Banana Village encourages birthday parties and summer camp group outings to their location as well.
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, ☎ +1 800 367-3364. Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- Race to Beat Cancer, Mt. Cranmore Resort, ☎ +1 603-356-3719. Held annually in February to benefit the American Cancer Society
- Chocolate Festival Ski Tour, ☎ + 1 603-356-9920, .
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, ☎ +1 800-367-3364. Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- March Maple Madness Weekend, ☎ +1 888 414-8353, . Sat. & Sun, March 24 & 25, 2007, 11:00AM - 4:00PM. Participants get to go from inn to inn to sample maple and learn about the sugaring process.
- Annual Taste of New Hampshire, Mt. Washington Hotel, ☎ +1 877 873-0626. Chefs of the American Culinary Federation provide culinary and beverage demonstrations throughout the weekend.
- Annual Memorial Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler’s Green Outlet Village Route 16.
- Memorial Day Weekend Craft Fair, North Conway Community Center, ☎ +1 603-356-2096.
- Mt. Washington Road Race, ☎ +1 603-466-3988. Held in mid-June, annual hillclimb up the Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- Annual Arts Jubilee, ☎ : +1 603-356-5701 ext.350, . Indoor and outdoor concert series held June-August.
- Independence Day Celebration, Schouler Park, ☎ +1 603-447-5680. July 4th. Includes fireworks around 9 P.M.
- Annual Bach Festival, ☎ +1 603-356-5701 ext.350, . August 23 - 26, 2007. Four-day event celebrating the music of Johann Sebastian Bach.$30-$60 for all four shows.
- Labor Day Weekend Lobster Bake and BBQ, White Mountain Hotel West Side Rd., ☎ +1 603-356-7100.
- Labor Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler’s Green Outlets, Route 16. Back to school specials at more than 60 stores.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler’s Green Outlet Village, Route 16, ☎ +1 603-356-7031. Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Fryeburg Fair, Nearby Fryeburg, Maine, ☎ +1 207-935-3268(firstname.lastname@example.org), . A week long historical event only 20 minutes from North Conway held in the first week of October.$42.00 for an 8 day pass, $24-$30 per night for camper parking.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler’s Green Outlet Village Route 16, ☎ +1 603-356-7031. Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Polar Express Event, Conway Scenic Railroad 38 Norcross Circle, . This special event takes adult and children passengers on the Polar Express to the “North Pole” departing from the center of North Conway.
- New Years Festival and Party, Schouler Park, ☎ +1 603-356-5701 ext.350(email@example.com).
- Hale's Location Golf & Country Club, West Side Road 18 holes, Phone: +1 603 356-2140. Par 36.
- North Conway Country Club, North Conway Village at Norcross Circle, Phone: +1 603 356-9391. 18 hole par 71 course rated as one of the top ten golf courses in New Hampshire.
- White Mountain Resort, Off West Side Road, Phone: +1 603 356-7100, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The numerous stores and shopping centers are located on “the strip,” a stretch of road on Route 16 in North Conway.
- North Conway Antiques and Collectibles, Routes 16 and 302, Phone: +1 603 356-6661.
- Richard M. Plusch Fine Antiques, Routes 16 and 302, ☎ +1 603-356-3333(email@example.com).
- Settler's Green Outlet Village Plus, Route 16, Phone: +1 603 356-7031.
- Tanger Outlet Centers, Route 16, Phone: +1 800-407-4078.
- Zeb's General Store, Route 16, ☎ 800-676-9294, +1 603-356-9294, .
- Naked Bohemian, 23 Reporter Ct, ☎ +1 603 356-3775. Unique handmade furniture.
- Settler's Green Outlet Village Plus, Route 16, ☎ +1 888 667-9636, . Stores include: Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Nike, Old Navy, Pacific Sunwear, Children’s Place, Gap, Van Heusen, Wilson’s Leather. *
- White Mountain Outlets, Route 16. Stores include: L.L. Bean, Polo Ralph Lauren, Chuck Roast, Nautica, Brooks Brothers, Liz Claiborne.
- Christmas Loft, Route 16, ☎ +1 603 356-5253. *
- WalMart, 46 North South Road, ☎ +1 603 356-0130.
- Staples, Route 16, ☎ +1 603 356-2666.
- Simply Primitive, 2730 Main Street, ☎ +1 603 356-8423, .
- Brandli's Pizza Pasta Grille, 29 Common Court, at Settlers' Green Outlet Village, Phone: +1 603 356-7878, .
- Horsefeathers, 2679 White Mountain Highway, Phone: +1 603 356-6862, .
- Up Country Family Restaurant & Tavern, Phone: +1 603 356-3336, .
- White Horse Grille & Tavern, West Side Road, Phone: +1 603 356-9745.
- The 1785 Inn, At the Scenic Vista, Phone: +1 603 356-9025; Fax: 603-356-6081, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . Gourmet, innovative but casual.
- Moat Mountain Smoke House & Brewing Co., 3378 White Mountain Highway (Route 16), Phone: +1 603 356-6381.
- Eastman Inn, 2331 White Mountain Highway, Phone: +1 603 356-6707, +1-800-626-5855, . A 14 room year-round bed and breakfast located on the main road, 6 blocks from the center of North Conway. All guest rooms with private baths and air conditioning. $110 to $160 per night.
- Darbyfield Inn 185 Chase Hill, Albany, Local: 603-447-2181 Reservations: 1-800-426-4147 Fax: 603-447-5726 email: email@example.com, . Much more than a little bed and breakfast our full service romantic county inn has fireplace and jacuzzi rooms and suites.
- North Conway Chalet (4 BR 2 BA Home) 857-257-9081. $100-$280 a night. See pictures at cyberrentals.com ID 91860
- Clarendon Motel, 3537 White Mountain Highway, ☎ +1 603-356-3551(firstname.lastname@example.org), . Located in the heart of North Conway.$55 to $130.
- Red Elephant Inn (formerly Victorian Harvest Inn), 28 Locust Lane, Phone: +1 603 356-3548, +1-800-642-0749, . A year-round bed and breakfast located on a quiet wooded lane just off the main route. Eight guest rooms with private baths and air conditioning, garden and pool. $80 to $200 per night.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1732 White Mountain Hwy, Phone: +1 603 356-2551, .
- Eagle Mountain House, 179 Carter Notch Road, Jackson, NH Phone: +1 603 383-9111, . Member of Historic Hotels of America with 93 guest rooms, wireless internet, and wedding ceremonies are all available at the Mountain House.
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Spa, Route 16, Phone: +1 603 356-5411, Toll-free: +1 800 752-2538, Fax: +1 603 356-3842, .
- Fox Ridge Resort, ☎ +1 603 356-3151, . checkin: 3 p.m; checkout: 11 a.m. Offers three room types: family rooms, guest rooms, and jacuzzi rooms.$75 to $200.
- North Conway Grand Hotel, Rt. 16 Settler’s Green, ☎ + 1 603-356-9300, Toll Free 800-655-1452(email@example.com), . $89 to $199, meals not included.
- Isaac Merrill House, ☎ 800-328-9041, . The Isaac Merrill House has only 15 guest rooms, with four different room styles to choose from, this hotel is about atmosphere and history.$99 to $159.
- Whitney Inn at Black Mountain, 5 Mile Circuit Road, Jackson, N.H., ☎ 800-677-5737. Ten minutes from North Conway’s shops and restaurants.
This page was last edited at 23:05, on 22 September 2008 by Peter Fitzgerald. Based on work by David, Tom Holland and Todd VerBeek, Wikitravel user(s) Morph and Bert.davenport and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.