New Milford is a Historic New England town in western Connecticut. It is the largest town in area, in the state. It is famous for being a filming location for several movies, including "Mandrake Falls" in Mr. Deeds (Bank Street).
Route 7 and Route 202 run straight through New Milford. The both connect to I-84 at the bottom. New Milford is about 2 hours from New York City.
- Westchester County Airport is a medium sized airport in Westchester County, with flights coming and going nationwide.It is about 60 minutes away.
- Stewart International Airport is a medium sized airport in Newburgh, NY, with flights going to Philadelphia, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Atlanta, and Detroit. It is about 80 minutes away
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport is a small airport in New Haven, with a flight going to Philadelphia. It is about 80 minutes away
- Bradley International Airport is a major airport in Windsor Locks, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 90 minutes away
- LaGuardia Airport is a major airport in Queens, NYC, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 90 minutes away
- JFK Airport is a major airport in Brooklyn, NYC, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 100 minutes away
- Newark International Airport is a major airport in Newark, NJ, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 2 hours away
The center of New Milford is a very walkable place. It is harder to walk anywhere else.
The main way to get around is by car. Car rental places include:
- Enterprise -40 Danbury Rd, (860) 350-3855
- Top Hat Auto Rental -372 Danbury Rd, (860)-350-3705
- Ugly Duckling Rent A Car -91 Park Lane Rd, (860)-354-9351
- The Village Green is in the center of town, and holds various events such as the Village Fair Days, a festival in the summer. The green is surrounded by many historic buildings such as the town library and the town hall.
- Bank Street, with shops and restaurants. It also has the only movie theater in town, the Bank Street Theater
- Go to Lovers Leap State Park where there are ruins of an old factory, a burnt down castle, and the historic Memorial Bridge that goes over the Housatonic River. It is on Grove Street south of town.
- TheatreWorks is the local stage, with good prices and great acting.
- The main thing to do in New Milford is to browse stores. New Milford has hundreds and hundreds of stores to look through.
- Visit the Bank Street Theater, a small movie theater
- Every Sunday, there is a very large flea market called the Elephant's Trunk Flea Market with hundreds of tents set up and venders selling from all over. This takes place on the corner of Candlewood Lake Road S and Danbury Rd.
- Swim in Candlewood Lake, at Lynn Deming Park.
- Visit Youngs Field on Youngfield Rd, which includes a tennis court, a softball field, and a playground overlooking the Housatonic River
- Hike at Clatter Valley, a park with a large field and forest area great for hiking. This is a good place for gatherings.
- Play golf at the Candlewood Valley Country Club. For Tee times, call 860-354-9359 ext. 12.
- Walmart (General Needs) -164 Danbury Rd, (860) 350-4823
- Staples (Office Supplies) -122 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-1012
- TJ Maxx (Clothes) -124 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-8302m
- Blockbuster (Video) - 3 Kent Rd(860) 350-1606
- Home Depot - 104 Danbury Rd, (860) 350-0304
- Rings End -140 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-5566
- Big Y -1 Kent Rd, (860) 355-2628
- Stop & Shop -180 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-3234
- Northville Market -301 Litchfield Rd, (860) 355-2667
- Food Mart -31 Bridge St (860) 350-2752
- CVS Pharmacy -40 East Main St, (860) 354-4455
- New Milford Pharmacy -2 Bank St, (860) 354-5554
- Rite-Aid -173 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-6313
- Bank Street Book Nook -a small bookstore. 50 Bank St, (860) 354-3865
- The Bent Page-a rare and used book store.
- New Milford Music Store -An instrument rental and sales store, 60 Bank St, (860) 354-6481
- Nordica -A small toy store. 15 Main St, (860) 355-2034
- Hobbytown USA -A great place for hobbyists and card collectors. 168 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-3000
- Play Toys and Gifts -a neat store on Bank St. 49 Bank St, (860) 355-2134
- Connecticut Memories - 77 Railroad St, (860) 354-3399
- 7 Antiques - 453 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-8021
- Mike Antiques and Used Furniture -209 Kent Rd, (860) 355-0011
- Hanks Used Furniture and antiques -266 Kent Rd, (860) 355-9073
- Focal Point -36 Bank St, (860) 355-0081
- Blast From The Past -25 Church St # 1, (860) 354-3517
- Primitive Home -312 Danbury Rd # 1, (860) 354-5933
- Retro -266 Kent Rd # D, (860) 355-1975
- American Classic Cars LLC -569 Danbury Rd, (860) 210-9024
New Milford has hundreds of restaurants, including BBQ, Family, Italian, Mexican, Seafood, and more. Most restaurants are located on Danbury Rd.
Italian and Pizza
- Palma Restaurant. 122 Litchfield Rd, (860) 354-7727
- The Brickhouse. 33 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-9192
- Marathons is a good pizza place. 475 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-1234
- Holiday is a pleasant Italian restaurant close to the town center. 17 Veterans plz, (860) 354-9393
- Carmela's is an Italian restaurant in the north part of town. 354 Litchfield Rd, (860) 355-2771
- Italia Mia is a fancy Italian restaurant with excellent food. 223 Danbury Rd , (860) 355-9221
- Ristorante Lucia is conveniently located in the town center. 51 Bank St, (860) 355-510
- Upper Crust is a great place to get pizza. 373 Litchfield Rd, (860) 350-0006
- Milanos is located on historic Railroad St. 10 Railroad St, (860) 210-1155
- All Aboard is great for a family gathering. 14 Railroad St, (860) 354-9552
- Oriental House amazing Chinese food in the town center. 44 East St, (860) 355-5882
- Main Moon good cheap Chinese food. 48 Kent Rd #2, (860) 355-9629
- New Main Moon is small, but conveniently located on the Green. 27 Main St #3, (860) 355-2518
- Panda Empire is a large restaurant with good selection. 254 Danbury Rd, (860) 350-8888
- Great Wall has good Chinese food. 40 Danbury Rd #C, (860) 354-8855
- New Milford Chinese Restaurant is also located near the town center. 1 Kent Rd (Big Y Plaza), (860) 350-5435
Diner and Sandwich
- The Windmill Diner is a friendly diner with good, cheap food. 245 Dambury Rd (860) 354-1218
- Three Brothers Restaurant is a diner with good selection. 79 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-9269
- Ortegas is a sandwich shop in the center of town. 38 Bridge St, (860) 355-2257
- The Cookhouse is a BBQ restaurant, with award winning ribs. 31 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-4111.
- 59 Bank is a fancy restaurant in the center of town. 59 Bank St, (860) 350-5995
- Friendly's is a chain restaurant with good food and an ice cream shop. 108 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-0826
- Adrienne's is a comfortable restaurant with a good selection of food. 218 Kent Rd, 860-354-6001
- Rudy's Restaurant is a good restaurant with many suggestions. 122 Litchfield Rd, (860) 354-7727
- Joe's Seafood Restaurant is a small, cozy seafood restaurant. 188 Danbury Rd , (860) 355-2255
- Salsa Restaurantis a delicious southwestern restaurant. 54 Railroad St, (860) 350-0701
- McDonald's serves hamburgers and french fries with a selection of healthy choices. 48 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-2356
- Subway serves subs and grinders, along with other foods. 139 Danbury Rd, (860) 355-0053
- Taco Bell serves tacos and other mexican food. 177 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-8000
- Arby's" serves roast beef and other food. 132 Danbury Rd, (860) 354-5227
- Barn Cafe- 147 Grove St,(860)-210-7839
- Heritage Inn 34 Bridge St (860) 350-3097 (B&B)
- Homestead Inn 5 Elm St 1 (866) 221-6537 (B&B)
- Park Lane Hotel and Suites 12 Park Lane (843) 686-5700 (May Be Incorrect)
- Barton House 34 East St (860) 354-3535 (B&B)
Kent Rd (Northern New Milford)
- Rocky River Motel 236 Kent Rd (860) 355-3208
- Red Carpet Motel 244 Kent Rd (860) 350-2766
- Cottages at Kent Rd. 255 Kent Rd (860) 350-2400
- The area code is (860) throughout the town, and the zip code is 06776
- The New Milford Public Library is the main source for free internet access
- New Milford has a very low crime rate, so there is little to worry about. Just make sure to follow common sense rules, and you will be safe.
- It is best not to eat any fish out of the Housatonic River, due to the excess amounts of mercury.
- Danbury is about 30 minutes away, with the largest mall in the state
- New Haven is about 70 minutes away, with Yale University and the New Haven Harbor
- Hartford is about 80 minutes away, with the State Capitol and a variety of theaters
- New York City is about 130 minutes away with thousands of attractions