California State Route 14 passes on the west side of Mojave, providing access to Mojave from the Antelope Valley to the south and US Highway 395 to the north. California State Route 58 loops around Mojave to the east and north, providing access from Bakersfield to the west and Barstow to the east. More distant cities include Los Angeles (95 miles south on SR-14), Las Vegas (225 miles east on SR-58), San Francisco (345 miles west on SR-58), and Reno (375 miles north on SR-14).
Mojave itself has no local taxicab service, however those willing to pay a $25-$50 minimum can call for taxicab service from Antelope Valley.
- El Taxi en Espanol (661) 266-2255
- Red Top/High Desert (661) 267-2323
- Southland Yellow Cab (661) 723-2227
- United Taxi (661) 267-9850
- Yellow Star Cab (661) 951-1155
- Mojave Spaceport, tel. 661-824-2433, . The huge airstrip at Mojave is used by research companies for test flights, and is most famous as the home of Burt Rutan's company Scaled Composites  which in 2004 became the first private company to put a human into space. In addition the airlines park many older planes here, either because the planes are not required for service or because the plane has reached its end-of-life. In any case, seeing dozens of huge airplanes parked next to futuristic flight vehicles makes this airstrip in the desert a worthwhile stop. Tours are available Mon-Fri for $5/person ($10 minimum).
- Best Western Desert Winds, 16200 Sierra Highway, ☎ +1 661 824-3601(fax: +1 661 824-3605), .
- Motel 6, 16958 State Route 58, ☎ +1 661 824-4571(fax: +1 661 824-8306), .
- Edwards Air Force Base, 1 S. Rosamond Blvd(Take the 14 south to Rosamond, then take Rosamond Blvd. east out of town and follow it directly to the base), ☎ +1 661 277-3510(fax: +1 661 277-2732), . Located south-east of Mojave, Edwards AFB is a massive testing and training ground for the Air Force and NASA. There is a museum on the base and tours are available. See the website for details. Note that this is an active military base so ID will be required and visitors may be required to submit to a search.
This page was last edited at 08:39, on 14 January 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Jani Patokallio, Hotel Maker Bot, Frederick Heald, Colin Jensen and Ryan Holliday, Wikitravel user(s) Cacahuate and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.