Oceania : Australia : Victoria : Melbourne : Collingwood
Melbourne - Collingwood
Collingwood is in Melbourne. Jammed between Fitzroy and Richmond it's the grimy edge of the hipster parts of town. Plenty of back street pubs and small industry.
- Tram 86 runs along Gertrude Street (the main east-west thoroughfare in the area) and Smith Street. In the City Centre, it can be caught along Bourke Street. The two end stations for this line are the Telstra Dome in the Docklands, and RMIT Bundoora campus.
- Bikes are the best way to get around a large part of the three inner city hubs of Collingwood, Fitzroy and Richmond. While the tram is quicker in a in and out manner, to get from one to the other, bikes are the way to go.
- The heritage listed Foy & Gibson factory buildings in Oxford St.
- Shop at factory outlets along the northern end of Smith St.
- Indian Tukka - sublime Indian cuisine on Victoria Street
This page was last edited at 06:12, on 10 November 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Lachlan Musicman and Stacy Hall and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.