Marion County : Marion
Marion  is a city in Mid-Ohio and is the county seat of Marion County, Ohio, USA. It is home to the Marion Popcorn Festival, a annual event that is held in September, the weekend following Labor Day every year in downtown Marion.
- Port Columbus International Airport (IATA:CMH), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, PH: (614) 239-4083, . Port Columbus International Airport is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- U.S. Route 23, Marion can be accessed by U.S. Route 23 which provides connection to Delaware and Columbus to the south and Toledo to the northwest.
- Ohio State Route 309, State Route 309 runs through Marion which provides connection to Galion and Mansfield to the east and Kenton and Lima to the west.
- Ohio State Route 4, State Route 4 runs through Marion which provides connection to Marysville, Springfield and Dayton to the southwest and Bucyrus and Sandusky to the northeast.
- Harding Home and Tomb, 380 Mount Vernon Ave. (Home), Vernon Heights Blvd. (Tomb) tel. 1-800-600-6894 The Warren G. Harding home contains almost all original furnishings owned by the 29th President of the United States. Seasonal hours.
- Marion Popcorn Festival, PO Box 1101 Marion, Ohio 43301, Tel: (740) 387-FEST or (740) 387-3378, annual event is held every year in downtown Marion in September, the weekend following Labor Day, .
- Ohio State University, Marion Campus, 1465 Mount Vernon Ave., Tel: (740) 389-OSUM or (614) 292-9133, .
- Marion Technical College, 1467 Mount Vernon Ave., Tel: (740) 389-4636, .
- Southland Mall, 1509 Marion-Waldo Rd., Tel: (740) 389-5785, M-Sa 10:00AM-9:00PM, Su 12:00PM-6:00PM, .
- Kroger, Two stores in Marion. Ask for discount card, .
- Meijer, One store in Marion. Ask for discount card, .
- Walmart Supercenter, One store in Marion, .
- Steve's Dakota Grill, Marion, Ohio, 1950 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd., Tel: (740) 725-9033, M-Th 4:00PM-10:00PM, F 4:00PM-11:00PM, Sa 1:00PM-11:00PM, Su 11:00AM-9:00PM, .
- Travelodge, Marion Travelodge, 1952 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd., Tel: (740) 389-4671, .
- Marion Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1713 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd. Suite 110, Tel: 1-800-371-6688 or (740) 389-9770 (Fax: (740) 725-9295), .
Dial 911 from any telephone for emergency police, medical, and fire services.
- Marion General Hospital, 1000 McKinley Park Dr., Tel: (740) 383-8400, .
- Delaware is about 35 minutes south on U.S. Route 23.
- Columbus is about an hour south on U.S. Route 23.
This page was last edited at 05:56, on 14 December 2008 by OHWiki. Based on work by Mike Sharp and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.