Named after Jared Mansfield, the city sits on a fork of the Mohican River in the western foothills of the Allegheny Plateau, a hilly region surrounded by fertile farmlands and its elevation is among the highest of Ohio cities. The highest elevation in Mansfield is at the Woodland Reservoir (1,492.66 feet or 454.96 meters above sea level), which is located on the southwest side of the city. The elevation of Central Park, which is located on the square in downtown Mansfield is 1,242.66 feet or 378.76 meters above sea level. Mansfield is called The Heart of Ohio but is also known as the Carousel Capital of Ohio and Racing Capital of Ohio.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), PH:(216)-265-6030. . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is one of Continental Airlines' three U.S. hubs as well.
- Mansfield Lahm Airport (IATA:MFD), 2000 Harrington Memorial Rd., Mansfield, PH:(419)-522-2191, .
- Port Columbus International Airport (IATA:CMH), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, PH:(614)-239-4083, . Port Columbus International Airport is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Interstate 71. Mansfield can be accessed by I-71 which provides connection to Columbus to the southwest and Cleveland to the northeast, runs through Cincinnati to the southwest, ultimately running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 30 carries the Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway along it length through Mansfield. The freeway provides connection to Wooster, Canton and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to the east and Ontario, Bucyrus and Fort Wayne, Indiana to the west.
- U.S. Route 42 goes through Mansfield and the downtown district. It provides connection to Ashland to the northeast and Lexington and Mount Gilead to the southwest.
- Ohio State Route 13 goes through Mansfield and the downtown Historic Carrousel District. It provides connection to Bellville to the south and Norwalk and Sandusky to the north.
- 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard Located at Mansfield Lahm Airport. Base of huge C-130 aircraft and crews. Annual Air show in July.
- The Miss Ohio Scholarship Program , PH:419-522-MOSP (6677), . Annual Event June of each year.
- Biblewalk(The Living Bible Museum), 500 Tingley Ave, . M-Sat 9-6; Sun 3-7. Ohio's only life-sized wax museum, Biblewalk is bringing God's word to life! With over over seventy scenes and 300+ wax figures featuring original music and narration presented in a non-denominational setting, Biblewalk is a must see. Thousands of visitors the world over have visited the Living Bible Museum since it opened in 1987. Also features a live Christian dinner theater and other attractions.
- Kingwood Center, 900 Park Ave West, Mansfield, PH:419-522-0211, . 47 Acres of gardens on former estate, a favorite spot for orchardists, gardeners and photography. A true family spot.
- Mansfield Motorsports Park, 100 Crall Road East, PH:419-524-0183, . Newer NASCAR track, building a new 1/4 mile drag stip. Very nice facility, very clean. Off of SR 545 or SR 13.
- Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Project, SR 545, . The cornerstone for this building was laid in 1886. has since closed and the building is being preserved. Scenes from several movies have been filmed there and other activities and tours take place throughout the year.The Reformatory
- Oak Hill Cottage, 310 Springmill St., Tel: (419) 524-1765, , when you phone, ask for Anka Hall, Guild Director to schedule a tour. Current tours are on Su from 2:00PM to 5:00PM through Dec 30 and daily for groups by special appointment. Closed Jan through Mar. The tour is $3.00 donation for adults and $1.00 for children 12 and under.
- Richland Carrousel Park, southwest corner of W. 4th St. and N. Main St. in the Historic Carrousel District in downtown Mansfield, .
- Richland B & O Bike Trail, PH:419-884-3764. The bike trail is over 18 miles long, paved on the abandoned Ohio B & O Rail Road bed. It is well maintained and protected. It runs from Mansfield to Butler through one of Ohio's most scenic areas. Oak Hill Cottage
- Ohio State University, Mansfield Campus, 1760 University Dr., Tel: (419) 755-4011, .
- North Central State College, 2441 Kenwood Cir., Tel: (419) 755-4816 or 1-888-755-4899, .
- MedCentral College of Nursing, 335 Glessner Ave., Tel: (419) 520-2600 or 1-877-656-4360, .
- Richland Mall, 2209 W. 4th St., Tel: (419) 529-4003, M-Sa 10:00AM-9:00PM, Su 12:00PM-6:00PM, .
- The Historic Carrousel District in downtown Mansfield features eateries and coffee shops, small antique, craft and gift shops and more. It is what turned the downtown around.
- Kroger, Three stores in Mansfield. Ask for discount card, .
- Meijer, One store in Ontario at 1355 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., Tel: (419) 747-8364. Open 24 hours, seven days a week. Ask for discount card, .
- Walmart Supercenter, One store in Mansfield at 2485 Possum Run Rd., Tel: (419) 756-2850, and one store in Ontario at 359 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., Tel: (419) 529-2950. Both stores are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, .
- Coney Island Diner, 98 N. Main St., (419) 526-2669. Located downtown in the Historic Carrousel District. Hours M-F 6:30AM-7:00PM, Sa 6:30AM-4:00PM.
- Coney Island Inn, 20 South Park St., (419) 525-1406. "On the Square"" M-Sa 5:30AM-8:00PM.
- Dairy Land, 800 Springmill St., (419) 525-2168. The drive-in restaurant has been serving Mansfield since 1947 and its menu serves good food and ice cream dairy products. Spring and Summer hours are Tu-Su 10:30AM-10:00PM from early April to the first week of September. Fall hours are Tu-Su 10:30AM-9:00PM from the second week of September to the second week of October. Closed from mid October to early April. Dairy Land is always closed on Mondays and 4th of July.
- El Campesino Restaurante Mexicano Cantina, 80 W. Hanley Rd., (419) 522-7226. Open 7 days a week. This mexican restaurant with the best combination platters around is known for their fajitas, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, burritos and much more. El Campesino also has a full bar that serves Margaritas,flavored margaritas and daiquiris, domestic and mexican beer, wine, and mixed drinks.
- Mansfield Restaurant, Southside, 948 S. Main St., (419) 756-0479. Located on the southwest corner of S. Main St. and W. Cook Rd. Hours are M-Sa 5:30AM-8:30PM and Su 6:30AM-2:30PM. 
- Mansfield Restaurant, Westside, 1090 Park Ave. W., (419) 529-8238. Hours are M-Sa 5:30AM-8:30PM and Su 6:30AM-2:30PM. 
- Mom's Burgers Brew & Drive thru, 1316 Ashland Rd., (419) 589-8404, . Hours are Su-th 10:30AM-10:00PM Fr-Sa 10:30AM-11:00PM.
- Fresh Apple Cider This area is to apple cider, what Florida is to orange juice. In the fall, through late spring, fresh squeezed, unadulterated cider flows freely at the local orchards. Some freeze it for year around use. (It only makes it sweeter.)
- Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, 180 E. Hanley Rd., Tel: (419) 756-6670, (Fax: (419) 756-9041), .
- Comfort Inn North Mansfield Hotel, 500 N. Trimble Rd., Tel: (419) 529-1000, (Fax: (419) 529-2953). 114 rooms, centrally located.
- Econo Lodge Mansfield Hotel, 1017 Koogle Rd., Tel/Fax: (419) 589-3333.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Mansfield-South @ I-71, 2220 S. Main St., Tel: (419) 774-1010, (Fax: (419) 774-0909), .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 116 Park Ave. W., Tel: (419) 525-6000, (Fax: (419) 525-0197), .
- Mansfield Post Office Main Office, 200 N. Diamond St., Tel: (419) 755-4621. Hours are M-F 7:30AM-6:00PM; Sa 9:00AM-1:00PM. Package and shipping price varies.
- Mansfield/Richland County Convention and Visitors Bureau, 124 N. Main St., Tel: 1-800-642-8282, (Fax: (419) 524-7722), .
- Downtown Mansfield, 55 N. Mulberry St., Tel: (419) 522-0099, (Fax: (419) 526-6853), .
Dial 911 from any telephone for emergency police, medical, and fire services.
- MedCentral Health System, 335 Glessner Ave., Tel: (419) 526-8000, .
- Mansfield Area YMCA, 750 Scholl Rd., Tel: (419) 522-3511, (Fax: (419) 525-3009), .
- MedCentral Health & Fitness Center, 1750 W. 4th St., Tel: (419) 526-8900, .
- Mansfield/Richland County Public Library, Main, 43 W. 3rd St., Tel: (419) 521-3100, . Hours are M-Th 9:00AM-9:00PM, F-Sa 9:00AM-5:30PM, Su 1:00PM-5:00PM. The main branch of the Mansfield/Richland County Public Library offers free internet access, although you may have to obtain a library card first.
- The Mansfield News Journal  is the only daily newspaper published in the Mansfield area.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 15 minutes east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 25 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about an hour southwest on I-71.
- Cincinnati is about 2 hours and 50 minutes southwest on I-71.
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center, . Location:Southern Ashland County. Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 recently renovated guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
This page was last edited at 15:56, on 14 March 2009 by Wikitravel user Jonboy. Based on work by OHWiki, David, Mike Sharp, Ryan Holliday and John, Wikitravel user(s) Edmontonenthusiast and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.