Manila - Malate
Malate is in Manila.
The best way to get to Malate, regardless of what part of the city you come from, is by a cab/ taxi. Make sure to check for the meter before you get in and and that the meter has been activated prior to proceeding as some would try to make you pay more than what you should be paying for. Taxis are affordable and almost all are now air-conditioned and use a meter for the fare. Some drivers may take advantage of tourists but closer regulation by authorities and even the mall operators is curbing this practice slowly. Many taxis are in a poor state of repair and the driving erratic. When hiring a taxi, make sure the the meter starts at 30 Pesos. The LTFRB (Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board) has now instituted hotline numbers to report errant drivers, just take note of the cab name and number. Mall operators also closely monitor the operations of taxis that utilise their taxi ranks by ensuring that cab drivers do not choose only those passengers bound for nearby destinations.
Malate Church Remedios and M. H. del Pilar Streets, Malate, Manila, Philippines Tel: +63 2 400 5877
- Casa Armas, 573 J. Nakpil St., Malate, +632-523-5763. Specialties: paella, cuchinillo (must be ordered 6 hours in advance) and garlic crab Thanh Long style (admittedly not very Spanish but great nonetheless).
- Lolo Dad's Cafe, 899 Pres. Quirino Ave., +632-526-7151. Gourmet Filipino cuisine. Try their lamb specialties such as the roasted lamb cutlet and lamb shoulder ragout.
- Friendly's Guesthouse, 4th Floor, Adriatico St. (''corner of Nakpil St.''), Malate, ☎ +63917-3331418(firstname.lastname@example.org), . New, clean, and secure, Friendly's features an eight-bed air-conditioned dormitory (rates include sheets and towel). Fan-cooled and air-conditioned single and double bed rooms (shared baths) are also available. Free coffee & tea, 24 hours security, well-equipped kitchen, and great view of the Malate Tourist District from the common room veranda.
- Hotel Kimberly, 770 Pedro Gil Street, ☎ +632-521-1888, . Hotel Kimberly is a clean, immaculate boutique hotel conveniently located at the Malate tourist belt in the historic city of Manila, only 30 minutes away from the domestic and international airports.Best rates on official website start at US$38.
- Joward's Pension House, 1730 M. Adriatico St., ☎ +632-5214845. A bit run-down but relatively clean. Small rooms, dismissive staff, but pretty cheap for a single room. Bathrooms are shared.Rates start at PHP275 for a single fan-cooled room; PHP525 for an air-conditioned room.
- Pension Natividad, 1690 M.H del Pilar, ☎ +632-5210524, +632-5260992, +632-5240811(fax: +632-5223759). Clean, secure and friendly staff.
- Hotel Victoria de Malateoffers affordable accommodations featuring thematic rooms. Located near tourist attractions such as Malate Church and SM Mall of Asia. Tel. no: +63 2 521 1084. Fax. no.: +63 2 536 5742.
- Sohotel 2016 M. H. del Pilar Street, Malate, Tel. No.: +63 (2) 521-4341 to 44. This trendy Manila hotel accepts online reservations via the Sohotel official website. This hotel features 24-hour room service and themed rooms that can also accommodate parties and other celebrations.
- Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila, 1588 Pedro Gil Corner MH Del Pilar, ☎ +63 2 245 1234(email@example.com), . 5 star hotel with views of Manila Bay. Has a Casino and a spa.
This page was last edited at 02:30, on 19 September 2008 by djong tan. Based on work by Christian Fernandez, Wikitravel user(s) Rialouise and Texugo and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.