Kuala Belait is the second largest city in Brunei. Kuala Belait lies along the Belait River near the South China Sea, west of Seria. Kuala Belait is a river port at the center of an oil field that includes offshore wells.
The Kuala Belait bus terminal is located in the middle of town.
- To/from Miri: The Miri Belait Transportation Company runs buses between Kuala Belait in Brunei and Miri in Sarawak, Malaysia. Through tickets to/from Miri are available but the journey however requires two bus changes, one at the Sungei Tujoh border checkpoint and one just a short distance outside Kuala Belait where you disembark from the bus, board a ferry to cross the Belait River and then board another bus parked at the other side of the river.
- To/from Seria: Regular buses shuttel between Kuala Belait and Seria. Journey time is half an hour and cost B$1 one way.
- To/from Bandar Seri Begawan: There are no direct buses between Kuala Belait and Bandar Seri Begawan. Take the Seria bus and change to a Bandar bus there.
- Syazana Café, in the Sentosa Hotel, . This cafe offers a chic atmosphere with genuine Indian and Malayan food.
- Riviera Hotel The rooms at the Riviera Hotel are modernistic, comfortable, and relaxing decor. Between $40-$80 US dollars.
- Sentosa Hotel, in the center of Kuala Belait, . This is a small boutique hotel with a modernistic setting.
- Government Rest House, Guest house located on the beach. A 10 minute walk from the Jln McKerron bus station. Between $50-$65 Us Dollars.
- Seaview Hotel,Best hotel to stay in for day trip around Kuala Balait. Located 4km out of town alongside a beach road leading to Seria. Average cost of $77-$120 US dollars.
This page was last edited at 23:51, on 14 October 2007 by Melissa. Based on work by David and Leong Shen-li and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.