Kish Island is a beautiful island and touristic resort located on the north east of the Persian Gulf (Khalij-e Fars) about 17 km (10.2 miles) from the southern offshore of the mainland Iran.
Kish Island,the pearl of the Persian Gulf, with an area of 90 square km (36 sq. miles), is known for being a beautiful resort in the Middle East and the Persian Gulf.Kish Island has relaxed laws as compared to the rest of Iran.If you catch up with an Iranian,Iranians are friendly and hospitable.
Want to Know more about Kish Island, Call:
Kish Tourist Affairs Office: +98 764 4424423
Note:No entry visa is needed to Kish
Foreign nationals need no entry visa at the authorized arrival and departure points of Kish Island. At Kish International Airport the officials will take your photograph, fingerprints, and stamp your passport, which allows you to stay up to 14 days on the Island. If you are western, you may be sternly questioned as to the purpose of your visit. Make sure to bring any and all verification paperwork including hotel reservations with phone numbers, etc.
Note: On arrival at Kish Airport, all female passengers will be immediately escorted to a room and very politely ordered to wear headscarves and long robes to cover their entire body. The scarves and the dressing is available from the Airport, and passengers are supposed to return them at the time of their departure from Kish. Female visitors may be directed for a period of time under the perception that they 'might have difficulty finding their own way around the island'. However, the staff in general are very polite, but speak little English.
Presently,in Kish Airport there are some international airlines that are active.The Popular airline that has domestic and international flights in Kish is "Kish Air".Kish Air has international flights to Dubai, Istanbul, Varna, Masqat, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Kish Air as well has domestic flights to the main cities in Iran.
- Kish Airport: 4422100, 4422460
- Kish Airline: 4423517, 4422030
- Airport Passport Office: 422640
- I Soo Da Kish Travel Agency : 4421030-9 , 4420606-9 http://www.cheapairfare.ae
Driving by car is an easy and smart option.But,there is only one route that will take you to Kish Island.If you are driving from Tehran,take care on the road and be alert about the highways and the walking pedestrians.
There are Private buses that will take you from Tehran and the main cities to Kish Island.
Private Buses is probably the safest way of travelling in Iran .Private Buses are inexpensive comparing to other countries in the Middle East or around the World.
There are boats that will take you from the cities of Bandar-e Abbas, Bushehr, Dubai and Chahbahar.*
If,you are energetic walking is preferable or you can try the best Taxi service available all over Kish Island.But,most tourists prefer walking around Kish Island.
There are also good network of taxis but without meters. You have to clearly tell them the place and fix the fare in advance. Most taxis are toyota Camry's and are aircondioned. The normal fares are in the range of USD 2 to USD 5 depending upon the distance, which is not very long in any case, as the Island is small.
Be careful to count your change as some taxi drivers will take advantage of tourists and attempt to cheat you on your fares.
- Harireh Taxi Service: 4420500
- Kish Dolphin & Crocodole Park :This Dolphin Park is the unique ocean atrium in the Middle East, and visitors can enjoy spectacular Dolphin and other sea mammal shows in a family oriented atmosphere. Entrance Fee for tourists & visitors:US$ 30
- The Green Tree Park: The Park with the oldest tree on the island. (Free)
- Mysteries of the World Zoo: A Small Zoo with interesting and weird animals on display. Entrance Fee for tourists & visitors: US $2
- Greek Ship: is a famous old ship resting on one of the shores of Kish. It has become a major tourist attraction is the past few years (Free)
- Underground Town of Cariz
- The Ancient Town of Harireh
- Marjaan Beach Park
- Giant Bird Sculpture: you can climb up inside of it!
- and more...
Snorkeling on the Beach is amongst the best in the world, while scuba diving offers an even more spectacular insight of life beneath the waters. A variety of other water sports are also available. Jet-skiing, sailing, fishing, parasailing, reef walking, coral viewing, boating and water skiing are just a few popular ways to spend the time and enjoy yourself during your visit to the Island. variety of other water sports are also available. Kish coast is one of the least dangerous coasts in the world.Kish has beautiful white silvery sand beaches for relaxing walks. Other activities include going to concerts and plays frequently held on the Kish Summer Cinema and shopping and touring in the malls. Learning To Dive Is Fun, Fast and Easy !
New to Scuba Diving or Not, Kish Diving Center has Dive Courses for You in Kish Island, Iran
Scuba diving: It's always something you wanted to try. Your friends do it. You've seen it on TV. So why not actually try it? In just one day you can discover the wonders of the underwater world. Swim with sea turtles, make new friends and soak up the sun. Kish Diving Center PADI-certified will teach you to dive in a fun, safe environment.
Your dive education doesn't stop with your first certification, however. You can improve your diving skills by adding new certifications and specialites to your log book. Kish Diving Center offers all PADI courses, from beginner to DiveMaster.
Web Site : http://www.kishdivingcenter.ir Address="Old Recreative Port, Behind SAHEL Building. phone= +98-764-442-2757
Being a Free Trade / Industrial Zone makes Kish a perfect center for profitable shopping & trading, as the prices of goods are cheaper than the mainland Iran.
Kish is a trade free zone and many Iranians and foreigners come here to buy duty free cloths, electronic goods, cosmetic etc. There are many big, modern shopping centres, most of them in the east part of the island. Most shops are closed from 13.00 till around 17.00. Kish international malls try to satisfy every taste. Be prepared to find numerous faux American and European brands such as Gucci, Prada, Diesel, The Gap, Ikea, and Starbucks. These stores are cloned names only as the merchandise inside is not authentic. One exception is the 'Ikea' store, which is known for importing real Ikea merchandise such as ice-cube trays and dishes. A few of the malls are:
- Paradise 1 International Mall
- Paradise 2 International Mall
- The Paniz International Mall
- Zaytoon International Mall
- Morvarid International Mall
- Venus International Mall
- Marjan International Mall
- Arab bazaar
- Kish trade center
- and many more...
If you are looking for work in the Island,this might not be a hard task.If you are sociable and hospitable ,working in Cafes and restaurants are the best way to go.But,if you are looking for work in the commercial and touristic section,you must have at least,some experience and information about the economy and Kish Island.
Most People in Kish Island work from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM,including government employees. In addition the government employees have a Thursday half day, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Kish Island offers a wide select of restaurants which range from Persian to International restaurants.Here are some of the famous restaurants:
- Shandiz Safdari. Best shishlik (lamb chop grilled) in Kish Island, accomoanied by Iranian Rice and Laban (Yoghurt) drink. expensive.
- Boof Fast Food Restaurant. Kish's Answer to McDonalds.*Espadana Restaurant.
- Papa Restaurant.
- Hadee's. Best Pizza For Pizza Lovers.
- Kish KFC. Kish Fried Chicken.
- Asal Kish Restaurant.
- Pars Khalij Buffet.
- Kooh -e- Noor. World Class 5 Star Restaurant of Sadaf International Hotel. Nice Place With Theme of a Cave. 'Kooh -e- Noor' means Mountain of Light and is the name of a world famous diamond(Largest ever to be mined anywhere in the world)mined in Mugal period in India. Architect :Dr. Keyvan . Project Manager :Mr. Behzad Molk Araei
- Pavion Restaurant.
- Nagshe Jahan Restaurant.
Like other parts of Iran, alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the Island. The tea is light, good in taste and is kept at every home, shop and other social places.
'Cafe Aquarium' (ground floor of Pardis II Shopping Mall.) This popular hangout serves Starbucks coffee, Italian style sandwich, banana splits, and fresh juice to a young, hip crowd.
- Sahndiz Safdari. Best shishlik in town, serves grilled lambchop, chicken, fish, eaten with Iranian rice and laban (yoghurt) drink, very popular.expensive.
The accommodations on the island are a little expensive comparing to the mainland Iran, Kish Island has nice villas, hotels, and guest houses. Hotel reservations must be made through a travel agency in Tehran, which can be difficult if you are not Iranian and/or do not speak Farsi.
- Alighapou Hotel - +98 764 5-23203 44 0764
- Fanoos Hotel - +98 764 443200-5
- Eram Grand Hotel -  - A 2-star hotel with occasional fires and difficulty in coordinating reservations with available rooms.
- Tatilat Hotel - +98 764 4443996-8
- Maryam Hotel' - +98 764 44 21111-7
- Sunrise International Hotel - A nice clean place where each suite (If you can call that one) comprises of a double bed room, A living room with decent sofas & television, a small kitchenette with fridge and two washrooms with english seating.Taxi from Airport will charge around Irani Riyal 25,000/- or 2.5 USD (One way). The hotel also have cozy Restaurant & Coffee Shop
- Dariush Grand Hotel - +98 764 44 49 00
- Sadaf International Hotel - +98 764 4420590-7
- Shayan Hotel
- Area Code for Iran: 0098
- Area Code for Kish: 0764
- Kish Cellular Phone (Code): 0964769
There are various Internet Cafés in Kish Island.Internet Speeds ranges from acceptable to fast.Here is an Example:
- The KISH CYBER CAFE is one of the Saadat Foundation Branches in Kish Island.
- Tel: 4422771-5 (2623).
- Email: email@example.com.
- Hours: One Hour is around 2400 Tomans Only.
- Address: CYBER CAFE, SHAYAN HOTEL, KISH ISLAND.
- Url: www.cybercafe.freeservers.com.
If you feel unsafe call:Police:110
If you are sick or have an emergency call Kish Hospital: 4422811, 4422211
The place is generally safe and nothing will happen to you unless you are terribly unlucky. There are no major problems that might cause you trouble during your stay.
If you feel like going to another beautiful island, Qeshm is close by. You have the options of boat and plane. If you feel like going somewhere cultural and beautiful, the city of Bushehr is anticipating your arrival in the mainland.
This page was last edited at 19:35, on 26 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Ian Sergeant and Jani Patokallio, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.