Johnson City (Tennessee)
Johnson City is a city in Eastern Tennessee.
Tri-cities regional airport (TRI)
A car needed for this area. Public transit operates with limited hours of operation and the area has been allowed to develop so that it is impossible to get around by bike or walking.
Cafe One 11= asian cuisine and sushi and bar Cafe Pacific= asian fusion (more expensive $20-40) okay wine selection reservations a good idea
- Carnegie Hotel, 1216 W. State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN, ☎ 423.979.6400, . A nice hotel, with a very nice bar and restaurant. Claims on their website that they are a revival of the old hotel that once existed- and this might be true in terms of their inspiration- but the hotel building itself is only a few years old.
- Ramada Limited Johnson City, 2606 N. Roan St., +1 432-282-4011, .
- Fox Manor Bed & Breakfast
- Carter Family Fold, Hilton, VA. Probably the most interesting destination in the whole area. Old-time and bluegrass music, about an hour away. $5 to get in, concerts every Saturday night.
- Rock Creek Camp Ground is a U.S. Forest Service camp ground that is clean and not that far from Johnson City (Erwin, TN); it has bathrooms and swimming pond and trails but is not open year round (closed during winter).
This page was last edited at 12:19, on 19 November 2008 by Wikitravel user Shylocxs. Based on work by Sean B. Halliday and David and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.