Jenks is in the Green Country region of Oklahoma. Jenks' landscape is very similar to Tulsa's (it is right next to it) which is green with lots of trees and hills. It is right next to the Arkansas River, Riverparks, and it is near to many of the attractions in Tulsa. It's people are very friendly too, they have that famous Southern charm.
It is very easy to get into Jenks since it is adjacent to Tulsa. The Creek turnpike runs through Jenks (will cost you 65 cents), and there is a bridge at 101st and Riverside from Tulsa. There is an airport in Jenks, but planes from major terminals do not usually fly in.
There might be some buses that run through Jenks, but it is easier to get around by car or by walking. Since Jenks is a smaller town, they have no tolerance for speeding! The policeman are notoriously known by Tulsans as being sneaky.
Jenks is a suburb of Tulsa, and is 2 minutes from south Tulsa. It is about 15 minutes from downtown Tulsa.
- Oklahoma Aquarium  Known nationally for its bull shark exhibit.
- RiverWalk Crossing (across the 96th street bridge)  With restaurants, shops and a movie theater. Frequent entertainment events.
Main Street in Jenks is home to many antique shops for which Jenks is nationally known for. But beware, there is a strict speed limit policy on Main.
Jenks has a few good burger places on Main Street, and Riverwalk Crossing has many excellent restaurants including Los Cabos an Authentic Mexican Restaurant.
- Los Cabos Mexican Grill & Cantina 300 Riverwalk Terrace, +1 918 298 2226.  Mexican restaurant.
- Best Western Aquarium Inn & Suites 150 Aquarium Dr., +1 918296-7300.
- Five Oaks Ranch (Bed & Breakfast) 528 E. 121st St., +1 918 298-6405.
This page was last edited at 20:34, on 10 July 2008 by Wikitravel user Morph. Based on work by Tom Holland and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.