Idukki is in the district of Kerala in Southern India famous for hilly regions and resorts.Thodupuzha is the largest town lies almost sealevel.from Thodupuzha after 30 km Highranges starts.High ranges of Western Ghats starts from Kottayam Districts eastern parts like Palai which is around 580 ft MSL.
Lot of information regarding idukki district is available at  idukki.info
- Cochin International Airport , or International airports at Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) and Kozhikode (Calicut). Direct flights there from the Middle East, Singapore, Maldives, Europe and Sri Lanka.
- Alternatively reach Chennai (Madras), Bangalore, Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi,or other Indian cities and then by train.
Idukki is well connected to other cities Kochi, Kozhikode, Madras, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Madurai by road.
Local bus service system is cheap.
This is cheap way of transportation between attractions.
Local taxis are also available at cheap rates. There are many Car rental companies offering cars with drivers or self drive.
Many places of attractions are near by one another, so you could walk between them.
- Hill View Park
- Idukki Arch Dam - This is the world's second and Asia's first arch dam
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary
- Malankara Reservoir
- Thumpachi Calveri Samuchayam
Thekkady and Kumily
- Mangala Devi Temple
- The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Peeru Hills
- Sahyadri Ayurvedic Centre
- Thrissanku Hills
- Tribal settlements in Peermade
- Boat cruises on the Periyar Lake
- Elephant rides
- Plantation Tours
- Munnar. Munnar is one of the Major Hill Stations in South India. There are a Number of other places to vistit around Munnar.
- Ernakulam City lies 60 km away from Thodupuzha
- Kottayam District is also great to explore with eastern parts of the districts like Meenachil Taluka and Palai are Highranges and western parts like Kumarkom are full of backwaters and scenic.
This page was last edited at 09:35, on 9 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Jim Logan, Tim Sandell, Ravikiran Rao and Ian Kirk, Wikitravel user(s) Morph, Cacahuate and WindHorse, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.