Gstaad is in the MOB (Montreux Oberland Bernois) railway line which runs from Montreux to Zweisimmen. Some of the trains are Golden Pass Panoramic or Classic trains, which cost no more but are worth getting. The Panoramic carriages have plenty of glass, which enables you to see more of the spectacular views as you climb up from Lake Geneva. You can also book and pay extra to sit in right at the front of the train - the driver's cabin is perched above your head and it feels like you are in charge. The Classic carriages are all wood-lined and have waitress service for drinks - it's like being on the Orient Express! The trip from Montreux to Gstaad cost 48CHF return in 2008 and is worth it just for the scenery. If you go during the Montreux Jazz festival you can catch a special jazz train, which has live music in dedicated carriages for a few francs extra.
- Local handicraft items
- "Gstaad My Love" stickers from Cadonau
- Le Grill Upscale rôtisserie
- Gildo’s Ristorante Italian and typical Mediterranean food in a "Casual fine dining" atmosphere. Only open during winter season.
- La Fromagerie Swiss specialties. Open winter season only.
- Le Restaurant International cuisine. Saturday formal buffet. Jacket required in evening. Reservations recommended.
- La Grande Terrasse International cuisine. Open summer only.
- GreenGo' Nightclub located in the Gstaad Palace. Open every day in winter. Thursday, Friday & Saturday in summer from 22.00
- Gstaad Palace , Palacestrasse, Gstaad. Tel: +41 33 748 50 00, firstname.lastname@example.org. Landmark hotel featuring a spa and healthclub with indoor and heated outdoor pool, one squash court and 4 outdoor tennis courts.
- Hostellerie Bon Accueil , La Frasse, Château-d'Oex. Tel: +41 26 924 6320, email@example.com. Distance to Gstaad is approx. 15 kilometers.
- Gourmet Hôtel Ermitage , Château-d'Oex. Tel: +41 26 924 60 03, firstname.lastname@example.org. Distance to Gstaad is approx. 15 kilometers.
- Sport-Motel , Saanenstrasse 15, Zweizimmen. Tel: +41 33 729 80 80, email@example.com. Distance to Gstaad is approx. 15 kilometers.
- Sporthotel Krone , Lenkstrasse 4, Zweizimmen. Tel: +41 33 722 17 15, firstname.lastname@example.org. Distance to Gstaad is approx. 15 kilometers.
- Gstaaderhof*** Swiss Quality Hotel, Gstaad, CH-3780, (email@example.com, fax: 41 (0)33 748 63 60). Four star hotel in typical swiss chalet style located only 0.5 km from the railway station in the center of the charming village. There is a free shuttle service from the station to the hotel. Two different restaurants and a great wellness area. The ski lifts are reachable by foot in a few minutes. Single room 154CHF Double room from 392CHF (low season 2009).
This page was last edited at 10:06, on 29 January 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Paula Hill, Michele Ann Jenkins and Evan Prodromou and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.