Drive over the Takaka Hill.
- Beaches. Golden sand - what else - in bay called golden.
- Pupu spring. One of the largest, by volume, fresh water springs in the world.
- Farewell Spit. A long sand dune reaching far into the water
- Cape Farewell. The northern most point of the South Island
- Wharariki Beach. A spectacular beach close to Cape Farewell
- Whanganui Inlet. A very remote inlet on the west coast. Drive further south to Anatori for spectacular beaches and rock formations
- Heaphy Track
- Golden Salami. Salami shop on the road south of Takaka
This page was last edited at 04:13, on 7 June 2008 by Jim DeLaHunt. Based on work by Quentin Davies, Ian Kirk and glen newton, Wikitravel user(s) Jonboy and Huttite and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.