Funen is an island in Denmark.
- Odense Regional Capital of Fyn (Funen) island
- Assens Coastal town
- Bogense Coastal town
- Fåborg Coastal town
- Kerteminde Town along Odense Canal,gateway to Kattegat Sea
- Middelfart Coastal town by Lillebælt bridge to Jylland(Jutland)
- Nyborg Coastal town by Storebælt bridge to Sjælland )(Zealand)
- Ringe Agricultural town. Middle of Fyn.
- Svendborg Coastal town by causeway to Tåsinge and Langeland islands
- Rudkøbing On Langeland Island in South Funen (Fyn)Sea
- Ærø is an attractive island in the Souh Funen sea, with it's quaint, beatiful Capital Ærøskøbing, lined with colorful houses and cobble stoned street
Danish,Norwegian and Swedish are common, but English is widely understood and spoken.German to a lesser degree.
Central Rail station is Odense from where any part of Denmark can be reached.
A good road and motorway system connect all coastal towns with each other as well from Odense in the center.
The Funen island (da.Fyn) is bike friendly and most roads from Odense in the center, has dedicated bike paths.
Direct and non-stop from Copenhagen hourly. On Fyn there is service from Odense Central to Ringe,Svendborg, Other towns are served by bus.
All towns and small communities are served with high daily frequency.
Taxis are aplenty in towns at fixed rates including tips. There are cab stands. but they cannot be hailed on the street. Best to phone.
This page was last edited at 00:16, on 20 January 2009 by Stefan Ertmann. Based on work by Moe Jeppesen, Tom Holland, Nick Roux, Niels Elgaard Larsen and Colin Jensen and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.