The town served as a base for workers on the Canadian Pacific Railway in its early days, and now hosts a small community of population 200, in addition to hosting the Yoho Park administration building and a number of quaint gift shops, restaurants, and small accommodations.
Field is located a 2.5 hour drive west of Calgary along the Trans-Canada Highway through Banff National Park, passing Banff and Lake Louise along the way. Field can also be reached along the TCH from Vancouver to the west.
Spiral Tunnel - located about 10 minutes from the small town of field. Catch the Trans-Canada train spiraling through the mountain around 2PM.
Takakkaw Falls - the third tallest waterfall in Canada 45 minutes from Field.
- The Velvet Antler Pottery Shop, +1 250 343-6456, email@example.com, . Handmade Stoneware and Porcelain.
- Truffle Pigs Cafe, 
- Kicking Horse Lodge Restaurant 
- Cathedral Mountain Lodge
- Emerald Lake Lodge & Cilantro's
Have a drink in the sunshine on the patio at the Truffle Pigs Cafe or Kicking Horse Lodge.
- Kicking Horse Lodge, 100 Centre, +1 250 343-6303, Toll-free: +1 800 659-4944, firstname.lastname@example.org, .
- Alpine Guesthouse, 313 2nd Ave., +1 250 343-6878, .
- The Bear's Den Guesthouse, +1 250 343-6439, .
- The Old Church Guesthouse, +1 250 343-6345, Fax: +1 250 343-6388, .
This page was last edited at 07:17, on 25 January 2009 by Wikitravel user Shaund. Based on work by Ann, Izzi Alias, Colin Jensen, Mort Cohen, Tom Holland and Bjorn Freeund, Wikitravel user(s) Jonboy and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.