Donsol is in Sorsogon.
By plane from Manila to Legaspi then bus or private pick-up to Donsol.
By land from Manila via bus direct to donsol (daily) or via Legaspi.
- Whale Sharks. Whale sharks, locally known as butanding, gather in the area six to nine months a year, with the numbers peaking from March to April. The largest fish in the world can grow up to 12 meters in length, and weigh many tons. They're considered a vulnerable species, and are protected in the Philippines.
- Whale Shark Interaction. Swimming with whale sharks. Register at the Visitor's Center  located at Barangay Dancalan. Shark watchers are assigned a Butanding Interaction Officer and have to follow strict guidelines through out the interaction.
- Firefly Watching. A nightime boat trip through the mangroves to see the tiny lighted creatures cover whole trees.
- Frontier Scuba, firstname.lastname@example.org, . Leads guided whale shark tours every year from February to May with experienced naturalists as guides. Tours start in Manila and include domestic flights, resort accommodation and meals.
- Philippine Adventures, email@example.com, . Provides tailor-made packages to Donsol for international tourists wishing to see the Whale Sharks.
Various resorts near the beach and homestays in town are available.
Amor Farm Beach Resort Dancalan, Donsol, Sorsogon Mobile: +63 910-4762176, +63 910 4586140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Room rates (as of March 2009) Airconditioned rooms (king-size bed, ensuite toilet and bath) - Php 1,500 Fan room (1 single bed and 1 double bed, ensuite toilet and bath) - Php 1,000
Amor Farm Beach Resort has a nicely landscaped garden with a lot of nice places to share a beer. Attached restaurant has an ok menu. It is walking distance from the butanding visitor's center.
Viton Beach Resort Dancalan - Donsol - Sorsogon - Philippines Annie P. Buenaagua contact numbers: 09279126313 09216904399 email -annie firstname.lastname@example.org Room rates (as of March 2009) - Php 1,800
Directly next to the Butanding center. Considered to be the nicest place to stay in the area.