It offers some picturesque scenery. Its unusual name has attracted some attention and it is thought that it may derive from a place name in Spain or Portugal. The people of Dildo are called Dildoians.
Dildo is located on Route 80, approximately 15 km from the Trans Canada Highway. From St. John's it is about a 50 minute drive. Take the Trans Canada Highway (Route 1) as far as Exit #28 where you turn on to Route 80. The town of Dildo is signposted 8 km down Route 80.
There is bus Service to and from St. John's.
Where Dildo is a small community the only method of transportation is one you bring yourself! So get out and smell the salt air as you walk along the water front enjoying the beautiful view.
Dildo is well known for it's own island, Dildo Island. There are adventure tours that run there daily during the summer. The Island boasts a huge archaeological dig, studying both the Beothic Indians and the Dorset Eskimos.
- Whale watching
- Dildo Island Adventure Tours Email: email@example.com, Phone: 1-(709)-582-2988, 
- Historic Dildo Days celebration (August)
- Kountry Kravins n' Krafts - 90 Front Road, Dildo, Newfoundland. Phone: (709) 582-3888, firstname.lastname@example.org  A craft and coffee shop.
Coming Soon! Dildo Mercantile and Antique Shoppe Fall 2008
Verandah Dining Room at Inn By The Bay - oceanside dining and recommended by "Where To Eat In Canada" 2004-2008 - candlelit four course fixe-price dinner nightly with exciting menus. www.dildoinns.com
Dildo Dory is a new restaurant with great food at reasonable prices.
Frans restaurant provides you with a good home cooked meal in a cozy atmosphere.
Blue Whale Lounge in South Dildo is where many in the area retire, after a long weekend. Also home of Mudders takeout.
- Inn By The Bay 78 Front Road, Dildo (709) 582-3170, (Toll Free Phone: (877) 339-7829 
- George House Heritage Bed and Breakfast80 Front Road, Dildo (709) 582-3170, (Toll Free Phone : (877) 339-7829) 
This page was last edited at 21:22, on 21 August 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Michele Ann Jenkins and Ricardo, Wikitravel user(s) Huttite and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.