Dallas - Lower Greenville
Lower Greenville is in Dallas. Greenville Avenue south of Mockingbird Lane is a genuine neighborhood strip, or series of strips, with a semi-urban atmosphere and businesses that range from pawn shops to sushi bars. The area has evolved more organically than most in Dallas, featuring neighborhood corner Lebanese restaurants, age-old greasy spoons and other urban niceties. During the week you will find many area residents who tend toward the bohemian, but the weekend draws a party-hardy crowd. As one travels north along Greenville, the strips (there are several, each two or three blocks long and around half a mile apart) become somewhat more mature in tone, though the atmosphere still ranges from laid-back to drunken.
- Blue Goose, 2905 Greenville, +1 214-823-6786. This great local Mexican place has an earthy atmosphere and serves a great weekend brunch. For some indiscernible reason it is also popular with bikers.
- Ali Baba Cafe, 1905 Greenville Ave. +1 214-823-8235, . Menu favorites include the mazza platter, an assortment of hummus, eggplant dip and pita bread. Grilled gyros are a spicy highlight along with several variations of kebabs. Marinated chicken cubes, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms make the shish tawook a popular choice. Generous portions of rice and vermicelli pasta mix accompany most entrees.
- Winedale Tavern - 2110 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX. Where the pros drink.
- Blarney Stone - 2116 Greenville Ave. Tel.214-821-7099. A rowdy Irish pub. Four TVs.
- Dubliner - 2818 Greenville Ave., Tel.214-818-0911. A friendly Irish pub. Good jukebox.
- The Old Monk - 2847 N Henderson Ave., Tel.214-821-1880. British pub with good fish and chips and a wide selection of beers.
- Service Bar - 1919 Greenville Ave. Tel.214-824-8599. This bar with a nice outdoor patio display local artwork.
- Stan's Blue Note - 2908 Greenville Ave., Tel.214-827-1977. Popular locally for bachelorette parties. Women who donate their bra at the door can get a free drink. Nice patio for people-watching.
- Whiskey Bar - 1930 Greenville Ave., Tel.214-828-0188. As its name might suggest, this cigar-smoke-filled joint has a fine collection of single-malt bourbons.
- Those wishing to bar-hop and catch a cab back to the hotel are advised to hit the strip south of Richmond; this is the densest part of Greenville and the strip extends nearly a full mile.
- Shade Night Club, 2114 Greenville Ave, Dallas TX, ☎ 214-828-9889. Very popular casual dressy environment. Actually a little more on the trendy side. Mostly an electro, dance oriented crowd. Fridays are more on the Latin side. Friendly staff and diverse crowd. Small but never disappoints.
- Zubar, 2012 Greenville Ave Dallas, TX 75206, ☎ (214) 887-0071. Great laid back bar with friendly crowd and staff. Very diverse and they often have themed weekends. Great drinks and variety of music with two dance rooms. Thursdays are wonderful for the authentic Hip Hop lover.
This page was last edited at 04:40, on 25 November 2008 by Peter Fitzgerald. Based on work by Wikitravel user(s) Texugo and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.