Chula Vista is a large city in San Diego County in Southern California. Originally a farming and dairy city in the early 20th century, by the early 21st century the city had grown tremendously with the addition of several prominent suburbs and business districts.
Chula Vista is accessible by car through Interstates 805, 905, 125 and 5. Private boats can dock at the local Chula Vista Marina . The nearest major airport is San Diego International Airport (SAN).
The San Diego Trolley  Blue Line serves Southern San Diego County, running between San Diego's Old Town and Downtown San Diego down to the US-Mexico Border. Chula Vista has three trolley stations: Bayfront/E Street, H Street, and Palomar Street.
Chula Vista Transit (CVT)  runs several bus routes around Chula Vista, most of them connecting to at least one of the Chula Vista trolley stations.
- Chula Vista Nature Center, .
While a majority of activities can be found in the city of San Diego, there are still several things for visitors to do.
- Since Chula Vista is surrounded by Silver Strand, it has only a harbor and no beaches. However many boaters and recreational fishers find this to be an interesting area to boat and fish. There is a boat launching ramp located at the J Street Marina Park, off the J Street I-5 offramp. The ramp has a large parking lot for vehicles with trailers, picnic facilities and restrooms. Care should be taken navigating in the adjacent areas of San Diego Bay as there are extremely shallow shoal areas. Refer to a current navigational chart prior to leaving the ramp area. Nearby is South Bay Anchorage, which is free to use, but a permit is required (permits can be obtained from the Shelter Island Harbor Police Office in Point Loma). In the vicinity are several parks and bike trails.
- In the east is Coors Amphitheater and Knott's Soak City, both in the Otay Valley. The redevelopment of the area occurred in 1997-8 and his since been a popular place for locals and visitors.
- Knott's Soak City - Water Park
- Otay Ranch Town Center, 
- Westfield Shoppingtown Plaza Bonita
- Chula Vista Centre
- Terra Nova Shopping District
- Eastlake Center
- Third Avenue
- Aqui Es Texcoco. Great lamb barbacoa.
- Best Western Chula Vista Inn, 946 Broadway, ☎ +1 619 691-6868(fax: +1 619 420-6975), .
- Best Western South Bay Inn & RV Park, 710 E Street, ☎ +1 619 420-5183(toll free: +1 800 420-0041, fax: +1 619 420-6254), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 4450 Main Street, ☎ +1 619 422-2600, .
- Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista, 745 E Street, ☎ +1 619 422-4200(fax: +1 619 585-8944), .
This page was last edited at 05:53, on 26 March 2009 by Wikitravel user PerryPlanet. Based on work by San Francisco Girl, Hotel Maker Bot and Colin Jensen and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.