Cebu is a city on Cebu Island in the Philippines. It is known as the Queen City of the South. It is one of the most popular destinations in all of the Philippines for foreign tourists. It is the largest sea port in the nation, the second largest Air hub and the second largest city in the country. It is the fastest growing large city in the nation with an annual growth of over 5% per year.
Cebu is a booming metropolitan area with all the conveniences of a modern city. At the same time, it boasts of natural resources like countless of white sand beaches (both commercial and untouched), as well as historical sites that reflect its cosmopolitan past: from the birth of Christianity in Asia, to early commercial trade with Mexico and China, to vestiges of the American colonization of the Philippines. (see historical places below)
February 2008... Note that you MUST have an ongoing flight ticket or a visa in your passport when flying to the Philippines as your carrier will not allow you to board without one. In practice, this may not actually be true.
Mactan-Cebu International Airport (IATA: CEB) (ICAO: RPVM), . This modern facility serves both international and local flights. Passport control and baggage handling is fairly fast and efficient. The airport is on Mactan Island in Lapu-Lapu city. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get to the actual city of Cebu. From the Airport you will need to hire a taxi. If you are staying at one of the nicer hotels they usually can send a free van to pick you up at airport. If you forgot to ask for this you may find that the van of your hotel is there to pick someone else up and you can hitch a ride if there is room. Facilities and amenities at the airport include a shopping center, duty-free shop, souvenir shops, cafés, business centers, food shops, communication facilities, banking facilities, car rentals, hotel and resort reservations, and beauty and health services.
Cathay Pacific and Cebu Pacific, a low-cost carrier, both fly between Hong Kong and Cebu daily, while for the Singapore route, Cebu Pacific has daily service and Silk Air flies there 10x weekly. Philippine Airlines service between Cebu-Tokyo is daily except Mondays. Malaysia Airlines fly from Kuala Lumpur via Kota Kinabalu to Cebu twice a week and twice Cebu-Kuala Lumpur direct as well. Qatar Airways meanwhile fly from Doha to Cebu three times weekly. Visitors may also pass through via Seoul-Incheon as Korean Air and Cebu Pacific has daily flights, while Asiana Airlines and Philippine Airlines have 4x a week service to Cebu each. Taipei and Kaoshiung is another point of entry for China Airlines/Mandarin Airlines have 2x weekly flights from each city. Cebu Pacific also services the Taipei route 3x weekly and the Busan route 2x weekly flight. Asian Spirit has 3x weekly flight from Koror, Palau. A new 3x weekly Cebu-Bangkok service by Cebu Pacific will commence in April.
Cebu is also the domestic air hub of the Philippines with close to 60 flights daily on average to and from popular destinations and key cities all over the archipelago such as Manila, Kalibo, Puerto Princesa, Boracay, Clark (just near Angeles City), Siargao (Surigao), Zamboanga, Davao, Bacolod, Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, Cotabato, Camiguin, General Santos, and Tacloban.
Visitors from North America, Europe, Middle East, and the rest of the world may fly first to Singapore or Hong Kong or Seoul or Kuala Lumpur or Doha to catch a flight to Cebu. If you don't mind braving the horrendous traffic and the cacophonic noise of Manila, you will get a faster connection to Cebu, for there are more than 20 flights daily between the two cities or almost two flights every hour. There are also flights to Cebu from Clark International airport, from which there are further flights on discount airlines to Macau, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore and other points.
Cheapest Airlines to travel on are Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines Express, Asian Spirit, and SEAir.
Cebu City's domestic port is the country's busiest. Cebu City is home to almost 80 percent of the country's passenger vessels. The country's largest shipping lines, namely WG&A, Sulpicio Lines, Trans-Asia, George & Peter Lines and Lorenzo Shipping Lines, are headquartered in Cebu.
Large passenger ferries with a capacity of 2,000 to 4,000 passengers ply the more distant routes such as Manila, Davao, Butuan City, Zamboanga and Cagayan de Oro. Medium-sized vessels such as the roll-on/roll-off (roro) types ply nearer destinations while fast ferries transport passengers to and from neighboring islands in two hours or less depending on the destination.
The simplest way to get around is by hopping on a taxi. Almost all of the taxis that you will find in Cebu are metered taxis. A typical trip can cost about 60-70PhP or slightly more than a U.S. dollar if one goes by the meter. Currently, flag down rate is at 30PhP and 2.50PhP per succeeding 200 meters and 2.50PhP per waiting time of two minutes. Drivers however may bargain if they notice that you are a tourist, hence the cost of the trip may double in price. However, you have the option not to agree and may report such to local authorities. If you know the name of the building, establishment, area or street you wish you reach, this is still the fastest way to get to your destination. Most drivers know where almost everything is. If they don't, then simply flag down another one. If the driver is pleasant then it is nice to pay 10-20 pesos extra for nice service and a bit more if he loads or unloads your bags. Most drivers do not have, or will tell you they do not have change, so be ready with 50's and 20's if you are going on short trips.
It is best to avoid the "Private" taxis. They take advantage of tourists and they charge 5-10 times the price that should be paid. You will find these taxis at the some of the nicer hotels, they are called "Hotel" taxis and are usually owned by the hotel to make extra money, they will charge you 500 for something that should cost 60. Some hotels make it very hard for other taxis to pick you up at their hotel and you may need to walk outside to save money. Another place that uses private taxis is the airport. The arrivals terminal only allows taxis that have a special airport permit that costs thousands of pesos per month, but these taxis get to charge you a much higher price. If you want to avoid them simply ask a porter for help and ask for a metered taxi, you go up a ramp and there are a large number of metered taxis waiting for you. You can also wend your way upstairs to departures where there are lots of metered taxis dropping off. Fare down town to Ayala or SM Malls should be around 150 pesos on the meter. You may be told "500" by the driver. Just grab the door handle and say "what, you don't have a meter?" Don't travel unless the meter is used.
Alternatively, if you opt for more adventure, then do as the locals and catch a colorful jeepney. Simply ask around for which route to take. They are available 24 hours and cover most of the nooks and crannies of the city. Airport to Lapu Lapu City (LLC) costs about 7 pesos while across the bridge to Mandaue or Cebu City costs more than 10 pesos.
Buses are also available but these tend to ply exclusively along the north-south route.
There are historical and famous places in Cebu City you must see.
- Basilica Minore del Santo Niño
- Fuente Osmeña
- Cebu Provincial Capitol
- City Cebu
- Colon Street, the oldest street in the Philippines.
- Ayala Center Cebu
- Fort San Pedro
- Taoist Temple
- Tops Skyline Garden
- Fort Santiago
- Mt. Manghilaw
- Sta. Rosa Falls
- Life Size Statues of Popes, Stations of the Cross and Mysteries of the Holy Rosary (Danao City)
- Cebu Parkmall and Cebu International Convention Center
- Philippine Adventures, firstname.lastname@example.org, . Provides tailor-made packages to Cebu City for international tourists wishing to experience the rich culture and history of the second biggest city in the Philippines.
Cebu City has many shopping malls - the biggest being SM City Cebu, which is a four-level shopping mall with a huge department store, supermarket, movie theater and over 200 shops and restaurants. A more upscale shopping mall is the Ayala Mall, it also has a large department store, two supermarkets and a movie theater, and it offers more restaurants and stores that appeal to tourists. These are modern buildings with lots of western goods in addition to local stores. There are other, older and smaller malls dotted all over the city, such as Country Mall, Robinson's Mall, e-Mall, Mango Square and Cebu Parkmall. In addition to this there are many stores and places to stop. One nice place is the Colon part of the Old Downtown.
For great deals on books be sure to visit National Book Stores, located all over the city. If you need to fix something there are hardware stores in all of the malls. Cebu Home and Builders Center along AS Fortuna-Mandaue, Mactan (near old bridge) and Cebu Parkmall is the home depot style that carries the most complete line for finishing and building materials. There is a large warehouse store called Makro, located near SM that offers good prices on goods in bulk. Another great place to buy household goods on the cheap is White Gold, also near SM. For furniture the two best places to go is Sun Gold and Mandaue Foam, just remember to ask for at least 10-20% off the price. If you want to buy groceries just like you would get at home the two supermarkets located in Ayala Mall are by far the best choice. You may opt for SM Supermarket in SM City or for best value go to SaveMore Supermarket in Mactan Marina Mall, e-mall and it's largest branch in VisMin at Cebu Parkmall.
The great thing about Cebu is that, while being an island paradise, on the one hand, it's also a sophisticated city, with a wide range of pretty decent restaurants to choose from.
Cebu has Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Continental, Fusion, and of course local Restaurants. It also has International Cuisine like American, Spanish, Thai and Indian. For tourists the two best areas to find great restaurants are Ayala Mall and IT Park. Ayala has a food extension with over 15 great places to eat. It also has two grocery stores with large sections of food imported from the rest of the world. The IT Park has over 20 great restaurants and most of them are open 24 hours a day. Both of these eating areas offer free Wi-Fi.
Street-food abounds in Cebu and is amazingly cheap. You can buy all sorts of Philippine delicacies from the many street stalls scattered around Cebu City. Traditional Marinated Sweet Pork or Chicken Barbeque on sticks is a must-try, along with "Halo-Halo", a refreshing mix of grated ice, sweet beans, tropical fruits and ice cream.
- Cielo, 2nd Level, The Forum, Archbishop Reyes, 412-9887, email@example.com Open daily, except Mon., 11am-2pm and 6:00pm-12:00am. Lounge is open till sunrise on weekends. Cielo is an authentic Italian Restaurant with a contemporary bar and lounge, the interior and music is quite reminiscent of NY City. Specialties include gourmet pizzas, pasta, osso buco, scallopini ala marsala and traditional Italian desserts such as bread pudding, panna cotta, tartufo.
- La Buona Forchetta da Paolo Ristorante Pizzeria at the Advent Business Center (139 Acacia St, Kamputhaw) is popular among foreign residents for offering authentic Italian cuisine at reasonable prices. Equally noteworthy Italian restaurants are La Tegola (with outlets in Busay and Banilad) and Brescia (Salinas Drive, Lahug), which also boasts a wide range of imported wines.
- Se Bens Authentic Cebu Lechon Popular for its Native Cebu Lechon has branches in Savemore Mactan Supermarket Airport Road Going to the Cebu International Airport Opens Daily and at Island Market at Mabolo, opens Sat and Sunday. And its newly open Lehon and Grille located across SM City Cebu on the Cebu Famous STK Food Street offers Su Tu Kil "STK" Sugba Tuwa and Kinilaw, offering Sinugbang Panga, tuna belly, squid and the famous Bisaya Chicken, we boasts of our Pochero or Bulalo, Caldertang Kambing along with other Filipino dishes for locals, local tourists and foreign tourists. Everyone is welcomed to enjoy the Filipino Foods together with Cebuano Hospitality to complete your visit to Cebu. Please call for directions and reservations at 032 4129799 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Yeah!!!
- Golden Cowrie in Salinas Drive and SM Mall are without doubt the best native food in the city at reasonable price.
- Giuseppe's in Marie Luisa Drive, Banilad has the best authentic pizza in the province. The rest of the menu at this excellent Italian restaurant is good if not a little expensive.
- KK's Malaysian Restaurant in the IT Park prepares some of the best wok cooked food around. Fresh, authentic and driven by a team of father and his 2 sons.
- Spice Fusion in Banilad Town Centre and a new branch in SM offer a wide selection of SE Asian food.
The more adventurous can choose from numerous franchises that offer local Cebuano fare: Goodah-Gud, Neo-Neo, Tsibogs, Ang Manok ni Senor Pedro and CNT Lechon (to name a few). The first three, Goodah-Gud, Tsibogs and Neo-Neo, have an almost identical theme - you can choose from a selection of fresh seafood and meat which can be cooked any way you like (that is, grilled, steamed, baked, etc.). A popular term for a combination of dishes is called Su-Tu-Kil, short for "sugba" (grilled), "tula" (soup-based/with broth), and "kilaw" (raw, soaked/pickled in vinegar). Ang Manok ni Senor Pedro is popular among locals for their rotisserie chicken, while CNT Lechon is the largest Cebu-based franchise that offers the famous Lechon Cebu (suckling pig).
Desserts, Pastries and Cakes
- Postrio Bakery and Cafe - Cebu-based bakeshop and cafe
- Red Ribbon Bakeshop - Nationwide bakeshop owned by the Jollibee corporation with several outlets in Cebu
- Chedz Designer Cakes - Cebu-based bakeshop specializing in designer birthday and wedding cakes
- Goldilocks - Nationwide bakeshop with outlets in Cebu
- La Marea - Cebu-based bakeshops specializing in cakes
- Leonas Cakes and Pastries - Cebu-based dessert and pastry shop with several outlets in Cebu
- Dessert Factory - Dessert restaurant in Ayala Center Cebu
Mango Avenue and Mango Square is where the bulk of the nightlife is located. The typical venues are nightclubs, bars and KTV's. There is also a variety of strip clubs lined up on Mango Avenue leading up to Mango Square. There are also dispersed strip clubs and local-frequented bars off the beaten track. Ask a local taxi driver of their whereabouts.
Juliana's, a large dance club in Mango Square, is crowded every night of the week. A local beer will cost you only PHP45. The more expensive drinks are around PHP280. Excellent bar staff. This establishment is especially popular with young Japanese and Korean tourists
Se Bens Authentic Cebu Lechon offers the Authentic Cebu Lechon Tastes and Quality with other pulutan menus with your favorite beer along with its Native Filipino short orders such as Pochero or Bolalo on its newly open restaurant and grille. Visit Se Bens to experience the Cebuano Hospitality.
Waterfront Hotel and Casino Cebu - Gamble away your kid's college fund and drink all night in this 5-star hotel and entertainment center.
- Sugbutel Bed & Bath, S Osmena Street, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, ☎ (032) 232-8888, . checkin: 2 PM; checkout: 12 Noon. Located within 3 - 5 minute walk from SM City Cebu Mall complex. Sugbutel (www.sugbutel.com) is the best and the most affordable hostel accomodation in Cebu and has fully airconditioned accomodation area with free wifi internet access, 24 hour security with CCTV cameras, 24 hour back-up generator and entertainment area with wide screen LCD TV.ONLY Php250.00 (approximately US$6.00) /person/night.
- Days Hotel Cebu, Airport Road Matumbo Pusok Hills, Mactan Island, ☎ (+632)4955381 / fax 011-6332-4955386, . Situated right in the emerging investments powerhouse of Cebu, Days Cebu Airport Hotel Mactan- enjoys the accessibility of the two-minute drive to the new Mactan International Airport and advantage of the single biggest instrument of the development for the island, the Mactan Export Processing Zone. It is just a 30-minute drive to Cebu City, shopping malls and the financial district. With this ideal location, Days Hotel Mactan-Cebu is the most convenient place to stay while doing business or simply jetsetting in the south.
- Cebuview Tourist Inn, 200 Sanciangko Street, ☎ (032) 254-8333 / fax 254-9777. located in the seedy downtown area, near all jeepney routes. not safe, has bad reputation,pimps at entrance.640 pesos.
- Casa Rosario, 101 F. Ramon Aboitiz Street, ☎ +63-32-253-5134, . This is a simple, but very relaxed and friendly place to stay. High speed internet is available in some rooms.Best rates on official website start at US$18.
- Cebu Northwinds Hotel, Salinas Drive, Lahug, ☎ +63 (0)32 233 03 11(email@example.com, fax: +63 (0)32 232 55 07), .
- Century Hotel, Corner Colon and Pelaez St., ☎ +63-32-2551341 to 1347; 2551652(fax: +63-32-2551600). checkin: may 26; checkout: may 27. Budget hotel offered accommodations at very backpacker-friendly rates. Current rates (25.Jan.2009) are P550 single/double room, P790 triple room, P860 family room (1double, 3single beds). All with cable tv, hot water and air-con.Single rooms go for PHP385.00 ($US8), PHP440.00(with cable); double economy for PHP444.00 ($US9); double standard for PHP484.00 ($US10), PHP539.00(with cable); Double deluxe for PHP594.00; twin for PHP627.00; family for PHP737.00, and suite rooms for PHP902.00 ($US19).. (,1 day)
- Golden Valley Hotel, 155 Pelaez Street, ☎ +63-32-253-8660(fax: +63-32-253-8482), . New, clean and friendly hotel in the downtown area.Best rates on official website start at PHP750 (US$15).
- Hotel de Mercedes, 7 Pelaez Street, ☎ +63-32-253-1105(fax: +63-32-253-3880), . Your comfortable stay in Cebu City, Philippines is assured at Hotel de Mercedes. Its wide range of services and facilities and 110 fully air-conditioned guest rooms fitted with all the modern amenities ensure a relaxing and worry-free stay.Best rates on official website start at US$15.
- Island and Sun Beach Resort
- Kiwi Lodge, 1060 G Tud Tud Street, Mabolo, ☎ (06332) 232 9550(fax: (06332) 232 9550), . KIWILODGE is a family run hotel in Cebu Philippines owned, built, and operated by the Dunlop family since 1998. The Dunlop family have lived in Cebu for many years, and have created a comfortable relaxing atmosphere for travelers. We are centrally located in the city between Ayala and SM mall, the two largest malls in Cebu, and the Pier for those Island forays, as well as midtown and historical downtown areas, about 5 mins from the bar nightlife and only 30 mins to the Airport. Our Air conditioned rooms are clean with ensuite bathrooms with hot water. For bookings or enquires click here. For off season discount details go to our discounts page also monthly discounts may be available Our friendly and helpful staff are only too happy to help you with your queries, The large bar and Western style restaurant provides cold beer and a large array of Western style food (See our menu page ), catering for the foreign traveler in Cebu. The Bar is open from 7am to 11pm. Many patrons are expatriates who live in Cebu and are very helpful in giving advice on 'how to' or 'where to 'on things around Cebu and nearby islands. Make yourself welcome and dont hesitate to ask for any information on Cebu or the Philippines. Our restaurant has a selection of over 80 favorite dishes from Britain, Australia and of course New Zealand. The Menu selection ranges from our ever popular all day Breakfasts (real bacon and eggs anyway you like) to "down under" meat pies, fish and chips, right through to Roast dinners using imported Lamb and Beef. Best rates on official website start at US$20.
- Pier Cuatro Hotel, 3rd Avenue, North Reclamation Area, ☎ +63-32-236-7437, . checkin: 12nn; checkout: 12nn. The most convenient place for people looking to do business in the city's port area. 24/7 room service and complimentary in-room wireless internet access in all rooms.
- Stakili Estaca Beach Garden Resort, Km. 23 Estaca, Compostela Cebu, ☎ +63-32-425-8188(fax: +63-32-425-8062), . Set on a beach line that stretches up to 1.2 kilometers and covered by tall palms, balete trees and other tropical greens, the Stakili has forty rooms of varying sizes and features giving guests the comfort of home.Best rates on official website start at US$15.
- Westpoint Inn, 297 Don Gil Garcia St., ☎ +63-32-254-3433(fax: ++63-32-254-4524), . This budget hotel is simple yet elegantly designed with a warm, friendly atmosphere any business or leisure traveler would appreciate.Best rates on official website start at US$13.
- San Remigio Beach Club Address: Prime Movers Cmpd., Bacalla Subd., Holy Name St., Mabolo, Cebu City, Philippines 6000. Phone Number: (+63) 32 231-0382 , (+63) 32 422-4070 , (+63) 32 231-7075. Price: P1,500.00
- ALTA Resort, Cordova, Mactan Island, Cebu City, ☎ ☎ +63-332 496-7399, 7427,, . ALTA Resort, Cordova, Mactan Island, Cebu City. Website: www.altacebu.com ALTA is a boutique resort that has the quaint architectural appeal of Pacific Islander village with all modern comforts and conveniences. ALTA has the distinction of being Cebu's only 4-star resort that is American owned and operated. Widely acknowledged as the “Best Garden Resort in Cebu” by guests and industry professionals, ALTA is also known for the room décor, with each room having a uniquely special ambiance. Our friendly staff gets consistently good reviews for their genuinely caring attitude. With 9 function rooms and an overall capacity of 1000+ seating (2500 indoor +outdoor), ALTA is also considered one of the best places for conventions and government and corporate conferences. The resort is perched on the waters of Alta Bay, with breathtaking views of city lights. The Mangrove Cove restaurant is famous for its many scrumptious delicacies and wide selection of fine wines. $69. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone : 032 496-7399 (7427) Fax: 032 496-7427 Cell: 63 917-321-2198 Website:  ----
- Rajah Park Hotel, Fuente Osmeña, ☎ +63-32-412-3337(fax: +63-32-412-4899), . The eight-story Cebu Hotel offers 89 standard and deluxe accommodations. Most of the rooms have a great view of Fuente Circle, a beautiful park. Each air-conditioned guest room at Rajah Park is elegantly decorated and is equipped with modern amenities to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.$35 for the basic to $100 for a huge suite.
- SDR Serviced Apartments, Mactan Island, ☎ +63-32-238-3929(fax: +63-32-340-7902), . SDR Serviced Apartments is just 3 minutes from the airport. Excellent value for money. All apartments have kitchen and full cooking facilities. Their smallest rooms are huge: 36.5sqm Their weekly internet promo rates is USD288 (7 nights).
- Casa del Mar Golf Resort, Brgy. Maño, Bancasan, San Remigio, . Casa del Mar Golf Cebu Resort's charming Spanish architecture and cozy Mediterranean interiors are embraced by Cebu's pristine white sand beach and crystal clear waters. Offering unmatched and premier elegance and comfort, this golf and dive hotel is designed in the tradition of classic upscale resorts Cebu is famous for.Best rates on official website start at US$63.
- Castle Peak, F. Cabahug cor. Pres. Quezon St, Villa Aurora Mabolo, . Rates: 1. Standard- 1188/2. Superior- 1388/3. Deluxe- 1688/4. Executive suite- 1888/5. Castle Peak suite-2488/extra bed-400.
- Cebu Grand Hotel, Cebu Capitol Complex, North Escario St., ☎ ++63-32-254-6331(fax: +63-32-254-6363), . Guests of Cebu Grand Hotel can expect comfortable and budget-friendly accommodations from this cheerful boutique hotel! All of its 99 guest rooms are tastefully appointed with all the necessary amenities.Best rates on official website start at US$36.
- Cebu Midtown Hotel, Fuente Osmeña, ☎ +63-32-253-9711(fax: +63-32-253-9763), . The ten-story Cebu Hotel offers 200 standard and deluxe accommodations with breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Each air-conditioned guest room at the Cebu Midtown is elegantly decorated and is equipped with modern amenities to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.Best rates on official website start at US$39.
- Costabella Beach Resort, Buyong, Mactan Island, ☎ +63-32-231-4244(fax: +63-32-231-4415), . This scenic resort in Cebu, which takes its name from the Spanish for 'beautiful coast,' lives up to its name by offering its guests a scenic coastal view, complete with white sandy beaches and green tropical palms and foliage leading you to an awe-inspiring expanse of Philippine ocean.Best rates on official website start at US$70.
- Crown Regency Residences, V. Rama Avenue, Guadalupe, ☎ +63-32-255-7541 to 48(fax: +63-32-255-5060), . Crown Regency Residences boasts of unmatched accessibility with its strategic location along V. Rama Avenue, Guadalupe. This places the hotel minutes away from the provincial capitol, historic Fuente Osmeña and Guadalupe Church. Each of Crown Regency Residences' 167 guest rooms is designed to provide a homey ambience to ensure your utmost comfort.Best rates on official website start at US$32.
- Crown Regency Hotel and Towers, Osmeña Blvd, ☎ +63-32-4187777(fax: +63-32-4187161), . The Crown Regency Hotel & Towers is a newly launched hotel in Cebu City, standing over Fuente Osmeña. This two-tower structure - one stands 23 storeys, the other 38 - holds 18 floors of a full-amenity hotel, as well as a medical diagnostic building, several shops, and office space.Best rates on official website start at US$80.
- Nalusuan Island Cebu Resort and Marine Sanctuary, Olango Reef, Cordova, Mactan, Cebu, Philippines, ☎ +63-32-492-4388(fax: +63-32-425-8062), . This Cebu beach resort lets you fully enjoy aqua sports activities like wave runners, jet skiing, scuba diving, and water skiing. Snorkel in the protected coral garden and marvel at the beauty of the Philippines’ marine life. The Nalusuan experience so truly rustic and back-to-nature that, from 8a.m. to 6p.m. daily, this island paradise resort is powered by two things: the sun and the smiles of its staff!Best rates on official website start at US$30.
- Nalusuan Island Cebu Resort and Marine Sanctuary, Olango Reef, Cordova, Mactan, ☎ +63-32-492-4388(fax: +63-32-425-8062), . This Cebu beach resort lets you fully enjoy aqua sports activities like wave runners, jet skiing, scuba diving, and water skiing. Snorkel in the protected coral garden and marvel at the beauty of the Philippines’ marine life. The Nalusuan experience so truly rustic and back-to-nature that, from 8a.m. to 6p.m. daily, this island paradise resort is powered by two things: the sun and the smiles of its staff!Best rates on official website start at US$30.
- Badian Island Resort and Spa Cebu, Badian Island, ☎ +63-32-475-1103(fax: +63-32-475-1101), .
- Cebu Hilton Resort and Spa, Mactan Island, .
- Crown Regency Suites Mactan, Maximo Patalinhug Jr. Avenue, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines., ☎ +63-32-341-4586 to 94(fax: +63-32-341-4595), . Crown Regency Suites is comfortably close to the Mactan Export Processing Zone II and is only minutes away from one of the world's best beaches and the Mactan International Airport.Best rates on official website start at US$85.
- Mactan Island Shangri-La Resort and Spa, Mactan Island, .
- The Marco Polo Cebu Plaza, Cebu Veterans Drive, Nivel Hills, Lahang, ☎ +63-32-253-1111(fax: +63-32-417-2980), .
- Marriott Hotel, Ayala Business Park, .
- Plantation Bay, Marigondon,, ☎ +63-32-340-5900(fax: +63-32-340-5988), .
- White Sands at Maribago Beach, Mactan Island, ☎ +63-32-233-7893(fax: +63-32-233-7891), . Cebu White Sands Beach is situated on the east coast of Mactan Island off the main island of Cebu.
- Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino Mactan, 1 Airport Road, Lapu-lapu City, ☎ +63-32-340-4888(fax: +63-32-340-5862), . If your routine calls for the most convenient location, this hotel is located literally a stone's throw from the airport terminal. Five-star accommodations and a variety of amenities, facilities, and services make it a no-brainer for a Cebu business trip or vacation.
- Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino Mactan, 1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, ☎ +63-32-232-6888(fax: +63-32-232-6880), . The Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino is a mere 30 minutes away from the airport, and with its ideal location in the heart of the Cebu capital, this hotel provides a luxurious and opulent home base from which to do business or explore this historic island.
- Cordova Reef Village Resort, ☎ (6332) 2381878 / 2363343 / 2363344 / 4968079, . The Resort is surrounded by Camotes Sea in the east and Bohol Strait. It is located at the coastal town of Cordova. Cordova, Mactan, Cebu Philippines.Room Rate starts at US$ 150.00+.
- Island and Sun Beach Resort, ☎ (6332) 2381878 / 2363343 / 2363344 / 4968079, . Island and Sun Beach Resort nestles in Hilutungan Island, Cordova, Cebu, Philippines. It houses a total of 25 Deluxe Rooms with 5 Single Deluxe Villas and 20 Double Deluxe Villas, all of which have air-condition, cable television, refrigirator, bathub, private toilet and bath wit hot and cold water, and a fully stocked mini-bar.Room Rate starts at US$188.00+.
- The Resort Club at Hilton Cebu, ☎ (+6332) 492-7788, . The Resort Club at Hilton Cebu lies 10 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. It is close to Magellan's Cross, Mactan Island Aquarium Museum, and Tops: a sightseeing spot offering a view of Cebu City. Some of their facilities includes a swimming pool, spa, salon, and Internet access within the resort's premises.Room Rate starts at $250.00.
There are two departure halls just next to each other, Domestic Departure and International Departure. Please expect to spend 15min at the entrance screening as most of the time only one lane is open. For domestic departure, the terminal fee is 200 Pesos while for international departure, expect to pay 550 pesos.
This page was last edited at 01:08, on 16 March 2009 by michael cabs. Based on work by Andrew Haggard and Larry Tarquinio, Wikitravel user(s) Superrod29, Hayfield, Texugo and Nino Gonzales, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.