Bristol (Rhode Island)
Bristol is a city in Rhode Island. It is situated on a peninsula with Narragansett Bay on its west and Mount Hope Bay to the east. It has the oldest continuous Independence Day celebration in the United States.
From Providence, go east on I-195 to exit 7. Follow Route 114 into Bristol.
From Boston I-95 south to Rt. 24 south. Take exit for Mt. Hope Bridge. Follow signs for Bristol and Mt. Hope Bridge. Go over the bridge and follow Rt. 114 north into Bristol.
- T.F. Green Airport (PVD) in Warwick offers many low cost and regular flights from many cities in the United States.
- Boston's Logan Airport (BOS),  is much larger and is generally used for most international flights.
- R.I.P.T.A., Phone: +1 401-781-9400, . Services across all of Rhode Island.
Image:Http://sunmgt.com/images/Charter yacht images/Bristol Harbor arial for web.jpg
- The Fourth of July parade and celebrations, . Various special events lead to, and surround the big day which is marked by a huge parade and fireworks. Drum and bugle corps competition, tennis tournament, firemen's tournament, orange crate derby, pet parade and yes, more.
- Blithewold Mansion, Gardens and Arboretum, 101 Ferry Road, Phone: +1 401-253-2707, . Year round 10AM-5PM. A 45 room mansion on 33 beautiful acres. $10, under 15 free.
- Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology, 300 Tower Street (off Rt. 136), Phone: +1 401-253-8388, Fax: +1 401-253-1198, . Jun-Aug Tu-Su 11AM-5PM; Sep-May Sa,Su 11AM-5PM.
- Herreshoff Marine Museum, One Burnside Street, Phone: 401-253-5000, Fax: 401-253-6222, . May-Oct 10AM-5PM. Yachting museum and America's Cup Hall of Fame. $8 Adult, $7 Senior, $2 Student, free under 12. Dockage space is available at the Museum pier, reservations are recommended.
- Cabral Gourmet Chicken, 585 Metacom Av., Phone: +1 401-253-3913. Casual, no alcohol. $8-$12.
- DeWolf Tavern, 259 Thames St., Phone: +1 401-254-2005. Reservations suggested.
- Hope Diner, 742 Hope St., Phone: +1 401-253-1759.
- Jacky's Galaxie 383 Metacom Ave., Phone: +1 401-253-8818.
- Kam Shing Restaurant, 16 Gooding Av., Phone: +1 401-254-1012. Lunch buffet. Inexpensive.
- Lobster Pot, 119 Hope St., Phone: +1 401-253-9100. Lunch, dinner. Casual. Reservations suggested. $12-$20.
- Papa Joe's Wrap Shack, 567 Hope St., Phone +1 401-253-9911. Pizza and wraps. Inexpensive.
- Persimmon, 31 State St., Phone +1 401-254-7474.
- Redlefsen's Rotisserie and Grill, 425 Hope St., Phone: +1 401-254-1188. Best in class.
- Roberto's, 301 Hope St., Phone: +1 401-254-9732. Italian. Reservations suggested.
- S's Dion Restaurant, 520 Thames St., Phone: +1 401-253-2884. $12-$20.
- Tweet's Balzanos Family Restaurant, 180 Mount Hope Av., Phone: +1 401-253-9811. Lunch and dinner - Italian. $8-$12.
- Vincent's of Bristol, 195 Franklin St., Phone: +1 401-253-9800. under $10.
- Aidan's Pub, 11 John St., Phone: +1 401-254-1375.
- Judge Roy Bean, 1 State St., Phone: +1 401-253-7526.
- Elbow Room, 29 State St., Phone: +1 401-253-5916.
- Gillary's, 198 Thames St., Phone: +1 401-253-2012.
- J.G. Goff's, 251 Thames St., Phone: +1 401-253-4523.
- Topside Lounge, 805 Hope St., Phone: +1 401-253-1566.
Hotels and Motels
Bed and Breakfasts
- Bradford-Dimond-Norris House, 474 Hope Street, Phone: +1 401-253-6338, . 4 rooms. On the parade route.
- Bristol Harbor Inn at Thames Street Landing, 259 Thames Street, Phone: +1 401-254-1444, . 40 room inn on the water. Bike and kayak rentals on the property.
- Hearth House, 736 Hope Street, Phone: +1 401-253-1404, . 3 unique rooms.
- Point Pleasant Inn, 333 Poppasquash Road, Phone: +1 401-253-0627, . Mid April-Oct. A 33 room (7 guest rooms) waterside inn with great views and the extra fine touches.
- Rockwell House Inn, 610 Hope Street, Phone: +1 401-253-0040, . 4 rooms. On the parade route. Tea or sherry in the afternoon.
- Colt State Park, Hope St., RIparks
- East Bay Bike Path, RIparks
This page was last edited at 21:50, on 10 May 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by David and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.