The central, flatter part of the canton of Berne is marketed as the Swiss Mittelland by the Swiss tourism office.
- Emmental -- mainly agricultural region which produces the famous cheese with the big holes
- Berne -- the capital of Switzerland, whose old town is a World Heritage Site
- Bienne -- the bilingual (German and French) watch-making capitol
- Solothurn -- a smallish city and canton surrounded by canton Berne
- Thun -- a smallish city with a beautiful old town
This page was last edited at 16:11, on 5 October 2008 by David. Based on work by Nick Roux, Ryan Holliday and Mark Jaroski and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.