The province is divided into seven regencies:
The only cities worth mentioning are
- Pangkal Pinang — capital of Bangka-Belitung
- Tanjung Pandan — capital of Belitung
- Manggar — capital of Belitung Timur
- Sungai Liat — capital of Bangka
- Mentok — capital of Bangka Barat
- Koba — capital of Bangka Tengah
- Toboali — capital of Bangka Selatan
Belinyu, Jebus, Sungai Selan, Batu Rusa.
Daily flights more than 10 flight connect Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang and 4 flight Jakarta-Tanjung Pandan ,also dayly flights from Palembang to Pangkal Pinang . Sriwijaya Air,Batavia Air, Mandala, Linus and Lion Air are the airlines that serve this route.
Local transportation is shabby at best and it would be advisable to either rent a car or a motorcycle .
The primary attraction of these islands are the lovely long, clean and tout-free beaches, with crystal clear and surprisingly calm seawater. The society's cultures are dominated by Malay and Hakka Chinese.
Both Bangka and Belitung offer similar experiences for the tourist, but Belitung is considerably more laid back of the two.
Hotel Mitra. Jl.Mentok No 3 Pangkalpinang. Phone 62-717-439071. Fax. 62-717-424265
- Bangka Belitung Archipelago Tourism - http://www.visitbabelarchi.com
- Bangka Island Tourism - http://www.infobangka.com
- Belitung Island Tourism - http://www.belitungisland.com
This page was last edited at 01:58, on 15 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Jani Patokallio, David, Eugene Kim and Animesh Rawal, Wikitravel user(s) Morph and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.