Arshan is a small hot spring resort located at the foot of the Sayan Mountains in Buryatia.
- From Ulan Ude one bus departing in morning - a 5-6 hour journey. (return bus departs at 7:30AM)
- From Irkutsk one bus departing in morning - a 4-5 hour journey (return journey departs at 8AM)
- Buddhist Temple. A small temple constructed in the Buryat-Mongolian style is located a short walk from the village.
- Hot springs
- Hiking in nearby Sayan Mountains
- Vegetarian meals available at the yoga camp (see 'Sleep' section)
- Most houses on Traktovaya Street offer rooms at around 70R - 250R per person.
- Camp near the Kynryga River. Tents and sleeping bags can be rented at the site and there are free yoga sessions. Vegetarian meals are also available.
- Sayan Mountains
- Lake Baikal - a 3 hour bus ride (2 hours by car)
This page was last edited at 06:09, on 8 May 2007 by Wikitravel user WindHorse.