Andhra Pradesh is a state in Southern India. Andhra Pradesh lies in the south eastern region of India, with Bay of Bengal on the east and shares boundaries with Orissa on the north, Tamilnadu on the south and Karnataka on the west.
- Coastal Andhra - Krishna, Guntur, East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Srikakulam, Prakasam, and Nellore
- Telangana - Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Nalgonda, Karimnagar, Medak, Nizambad, Adilabad, Warangal, Mahaboobnagar, Khammam
- Rayalaseema Chittor,Anathapur,Cuddapah,Kurnool
- Hyderabad - The state capital and the largest city
- Visakhapatnam - Also known as Vizag
- Vijayawada -also known as Bezawada
- Kurnool - Former capital of the state
- Guntur - Tobacco City
- Tenali - Andhra Paris
- Belum Caves
- Horsley Hills
- Manyam Konda
- Nagarjuna Sagar
- Pakhal Lake - a man-made lake in the Pakhal sanctuary
- Pulicat Lake - second largest brackish water lake in India
- Puttaparthi - village and home of the guru Sathya Sai Baba.
- Sri Kalahasti
- Sriharikota - a barrier island which houses India's only satellite launch center
Weather is extremely hot for the most part of the year with high humidity along the coast and relatively dry in the interior areas. The monsoons in June and the return monsoons in October provide adequate rain fall for the rain dependent agriculture in the state. The best time to visit is November till February when it's relatively cooler. The hottest months are April, May and June.
Telugu is the official language and is spoken by the majority of the populace. English is widely spoken in Hyderabad and other major cities. Other major languages spoken in Hyderabad are Hindi and Urdu, Tamil in the south and Kannada in the west. Minimum knowledge of Telugu will be extremely useful (but not essential).
The main and only international airport in Andhra Pradesh is Hyderabad. Direct international connectivity to Hyderabad is available from many countries. International carriers operating from Hyderabad are Air India, Emirates, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Srilankan Airlines and Thai Airways. Domestic connectivity is excellent with Air India (and their subsidiary Indian Airline), Deccan, GoAir, IndiGo, Jet Airways, JetLite, Kingfisher, Paramount and SpiceJet operating from here.
Bans The Hotel(3 Star Hotel) with Accommodation,Dining & Water Park.7 kms to Kanipakam & 40 kms to Sripuram Golden Temple. contact cell:09704771333 website:www.bansc.in
- Carnatic music - Carnatic music is born in the rich Telugu language
- Kuchipudi dance - one of the world famous classical dance forms of India.
- Andhra University
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)
- National Institute Of Technology (formerly REC), Warangal
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Hyderabad University
- Venkateshwara University
- Osmania University
- Kakatiya University
- Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences,Vijayawada
- International Institute of Information Technology , Hyderabad
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
Talakons Hourseleehills Kanipakam Narayanmavanam
- Thousand Pillar Temple, Warangal.
- Vishakapathnam Port
- SriKrishna Devaraya University, Ananthapur.
Please conserve water and try to cut down use of plastics. In extreme summers avoid travelling in afternoons. Always carry mobile phone and always keep emergency numbers like 100 for police, 108 for fire and ambulance and 104 for health emergency with you.
Like almost every other state in India, Andhra pradesh has a rich variety of cuisines and change widely from region to region. The Guntur/Vijayawada region is known for extremely spicy dishes. Rice is the staple food and is eaten pretty much with every meal along with a variety of vegetable and meat curries. The capital city, Hyderabad is known for its world famous hyderabadhi biryani (spiced rice) and one would do very well to savor it.
soft drinks like
- lime juice with ginger
- lime juice with honey
- fresh fruit juices
like sapota, orange(green they call mosambi in hindi exclusively), grape, pineapple
- ready juice
Ramee Guestline, ☎ +918772280800, . Ramee Guestline is nestled in the city of Tirupati, India. it is conveniently located near major roadways and public transport terminals. Some temples are close to the hotel's location including Venkateshwara Temple. Ramee Geustline offers 77 spacious guestrooms. Karakambadi Road, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.Room rate starts at USD 85.00+.
This page was last edited at 08:30, on 27 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Bujji and Peter Fitzgerald, Wikitravel user(s) Vidimian, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.