The Amalfi Coast lays in the south western region of Campania, Italy. For its extraordinary beauty and its iconic medieval cliffside Mediterranean fishing villages, it is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
From west to east
On the beach
- Conca dei Marini
- Vietri sul Mare
In the mountains
The Amalfi Coast is a stunning beauty with its steep sloped lemon tree gardens and coloured terrace houses and stunning views and azure sea. It is south east of Naples starting from Positano stretching almost to Salerno. Along the coast line you will find places like Amalfi, Ravello etc., each of them stunning beauties with their own flair. The Amalfi Coast is a well known secret to German and American tourists and prices are high compared to nearby Naples.
- From Naples take the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento and from Sorrento continue with the Sita bus services to Amalfi.
- From Salerno take the Sita bus services to Amalfi and Positano.
- Ferries from Naples, Capri, Salerno and Paestum during summer months.
- Car is discouraged because of the road size and lack of parking. During summer the road along the coast is one way only for tourism buses from Sorrento to Salerno.
- By Bus: Sita buses  go along the coast from Sorrento to Salerno
- Read about the unified public transport ticket Campania Unico
The Amalfi coast is renowned for its diversity; every town has its own character and interesting sites. The most noticeable places to visit on the Amalfi coast are:
- The Duomo (the cathedral) in Amalfi, and its cloister (Chiostro del Paradiso in Italian)
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta in Positano
- The churches of San Salvatore del Birecto and of Santa Maria Maddalena in Atrani
- Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- The churches of San Luca and San Gennaro in Praiano and their viewpoints
- The church of San Pancrazio in Conca dei Marini and its viewpoint
- The church of Santa Trofimena and the ancient Roman villa in Minori
- The Fjiord of Furore with the Mulino Cartiera (Paper Mill) and the "Monazzeni" of Anna Magnani & Roberto Rossellini Furore
- Hiking trips along the mountain paths (see Positano)
- Amalfi Coast Accommodation, Via G.Capriglione, Praiano, . A refined selection of luxury villas and beautiful rentals in Positano and Praiano. A new experience for your Amalfi Coast self-catering accommodation. Amalfi Coast Accommodation constantly updates its portal to give you a unique place where finding all information you need.
- Visit nearby Herculaneum and Pompeii.
- Climb Mount Vesuvius
- Visit Paestum
- Visit Naples
- Visit Capri
- Visit Ischia, an island outside Naples.
This page was last edited at 21:27, on 17 December 2008 by Peter Fitzgerald. Based on work by Luca, Niels Elgaard Larsen, Daniel Cowan and jan, Wikitravel user(s) Pz-engl, SabineCretella and Nzpcmad, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.